Keep in mind that running outdated Windows versions may cause various technical issues preventing you from enjoying a smooth gaming experience.
To access the Windows Update section, you can simply type “update” in the search box. Then go to Windows Update, check for updates and install the available updates.
Your Windows Search box is missing? Get it back right now with the help of this handy guide.
Having trouble updating your Windows? Check out this guide!
4. Remove temporary files and folders
Run a System Scan to discover potential errors
Click Start Scan to find Windows issues.
Click Repair All to fix issues with Patented Technologies.
Run a PC Scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors causing security problems and slowdowns. After the scan is complete, the repair process will replace damaged files with fresh Windows files and components.
1. Go to Start, and type Disk Cleanup, and launch the tool.
2. Select the disk that you want to clean.
3. Select Clean up system files.
Disk Cleanup is the simplest and quickest manner to delete temporary files and folders.
When you use your computer or browse the Internet, your machine accumulates various unnecessary files, the so-called junk files.
They may affect your PC’s speed, trigger various error codes, prevent apps, programs and games from running, etc.
It’s important to regularly clean your temporary files on the disk where you installed the OS.
5. Clean boot your PC
- Type System Configuration in the search box, and hit Enter.
- On the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and click Disable all.
- Navigate to the Startup tab, and click on Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab, and select all items in Task Manager.
- Click Disable, and close the Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click OK and restart your PC.
- Launch the game again and check if the problem persists.
By clean booting your PC, you use a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This eliminates software conflicts that may occur when you launch Age of Empires 3.
6. Update your game client
If you use a third-party game client on your Windows 10 computer, update it as well. Running outdated game client versions may trigger a variety of issues that will limit your gaming experience.
So, make sure to cross this possible cause off your list by installing the latest game client updates.
In case you’re not running the original version of the game, you should know that there’s a great deal currently going on at Amazon to get Age of Empires 3 at a seriously discounted price.
Well, we hope that these quick solutions helped you fix the problem, and you can now enjoy smooth Age of Empires 3 gaming sessions.
If you have any other questions, post them in the comments section below, and we’ll continue the talk there.
Still having issues?
Fix them with this tool:
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated Great on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with Patented Technologies (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in December 2015 and was revamped and updated in January 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
age of empires 3 won’t install on windows 10, age of empires 3 not working on windows 10, age of empires 3 blank error, age of empires 3 won’t launch, age of empires 3 windows 10 steam, age of empires 3 troubleshooting, age of empires 3 definitive edition, age of empires 3 graphics problem