Two years after the release of Windows 8.1, the 29th anniversary of the release of Windows 8.1 has been celebrated. July 2015 Launch of Microsoft’s new operating system, Windows 10. When the new update was released, Microsoft allowed users with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 licenses to receive a free update as a promotional offer. Since an upgrade to Windows 10 was worthless at the time, this free upgrade campaign ended in 2017. Although there is always a way to upgrade to Windows 10, even after the free upgrade offer. Sometimes the product key is not needed and all you need is a digital license to activate it and you’re ready to go.
Upgrading to Windows 10 is important if you want a more up-to-date operating system to speed up your work. Microsoft encourages Windows 7 users to upgrade to the new Windows 10 after the company completes support for Windows 7 in January 2020.
Since Microsoft has removed the promotional website that offered a free upgrade, the company will continue to activate Windows 10 licenses for users who already use Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. Before you can follow these steps to get a free upgrade to a new Windows 10 system, you must first prepare your computer so that it is not excluded from the upgrade process.
Here are a few things to consider before installing Windows 10 for free:
- Make sure you have the latest hardware drivers installed on your computer. This means that your audio drivers, network drivers, USB drivers and graphics drivers are all up to date. In most cases, old and un-updated drivers block a new Windows update.
- Flash drives, external drives, and other USB devices and media connected to or connected to USB ports must be disconnected or disconnected from the network. These devices can interfere and are known to block an update to win 10 and prevent proper installation. Installation errors usually occur during the configuration process, which can be confusing for these readers.
- Make sure that you have removed all current antivirus or security software from third parties. Microsoft tends to block new updates due to older versions of antivirus software. Removing anti-virus software before the update prevents conflicts with the Windows 10 update. As soon as the new update is ready, you can reinstall the antivirus software.
- Make sure that all important documents, requests and data are stored before updating. When switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10, settings and applications can be deleted or uninstalled. It is possible to back up your files and data, but due to some differences it is not quite possible to back up everything. Make sure you keep a record of the applications you normally use so that it is easy to download the installers again. In addition, the methods for upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 are almost the same, the only difference being that the upgrade does not require applications or settings to be removed or uninstalled.
Steps for a free upgrade to Windows 10
- Go to the download page for Windows 10.
Click on the Download Now button to start the download and install the Windows 10 media creation tool. To use this media tool to upgrade to Windows 10, you must have a license key for installation. In addition, you must currently use Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- A tool for creating open media.
When the Microsoft software license terms appear, click the Accept button to accept the license terms for these media.
- Select Update this PC now.
Under Windows Setup – What do you want to do? – A screen appears. Select the option Update this PC now and then click Next. Upgrading this PC means that you are updating your current system with the new version of Windows 10.
- Click on the Setup button.
When the Media Tool download is complete, a message will appear asking whether you want to save your personal files and applications. You can choose to save everything or start from scratch. You also have the option to customize what you save to your own preferences. Once you have selected the desired option, click Install. Remember this: Launching a new update simply means that all your settings and applications will be removed or deleted when you update Windows 10.
- The Windows 10 installation process will now begin.
The whole process could take some time, maybe an hour, more or less. The speed of the installation depends on the hardware used. If an SSD is used for the system drive, installation will be faster. Moreover, the computer will restart a number of times during this period, so don’t worry. Windows also connects to Microsoft’s activation servers and your computer receives a free digital license to activate security.
- Connect to the Internet to enable security in the Settings section.
If Windows 10 is already installed on your computer, you will need to connect to the Internet to perform the activation when the settings are updated. To open the window settings, click Start>Settings>Update and Security>Renew window>Activation. Your computer is activated with a free digital license. Although Windows 10 is not enabled for some reason, you can enter a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 product key to enable Windows 10.
Important points to remember:
- The digital license for Windows 10 is linked to your hardware. This simply means that even if you reformat your PC, Windows 10 is automatically reactivated and you will always get a new Windows update for your PC.
- Using a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 product key only works during the upgrade if your Windows product or license key is legal or authentic.
- The free digital license allows users to perform a clean installation of a new license on their PC. It also allows users to continue updating current versions with new releases. And it may be useful to get a free update for future versions.
microsoft windows 10 upgrade,windows 10 upgrade assistant,download windows 10 media creation tool,windows 10 pro upgrade,windows 10 articles,how do i install windows 10,microsoft windows 10 download site,windows 10 upgrade trick,windows 7 update 32-bit,microsoft hidden away accessibility site,windows 7 ultimate upgrade to windows 10,do i need to upgrade to windows 10,windows 8 download,windows 10 download,windows 7 vs windows 10,how to upgrade to windows 10 pro for free,upgrade to windows 10 pro,win 10 zdnet,windows 7 end of life,do i have to upgrade to windows 10,how to get windows 10 minecraft for free,how to get windows 10 on a new pc,how to install windows 10 in laptop for free,missed windows 10 free upgrade,windows 10 upgrade gwx,how to get free windows 10 key,can i download windows 10 for free,why upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10,windows 10 home to education upgrade,transfer windows 10 education license,what's the best way to upgrade to windows 10,download windows 10 64 bit full version free,windows 10 upgrade companion download,nirsoft’s produkey software,windows 10 version single language,windows 10 home single language price,windows 10 pro to home single language,windows 10 home single language update,windows 10 free upgrade 2019,windows 10 free download 2019,upgrade to windows 10 pro free,windows 10 upgrade tool,windows 10 software download