The following troubleshooting steps will help eliminate errors that may occur during hard drive installation. So you can finally successfully use your favorite online chat software again.
You can correct the disk installation error for Windows 10 by following the steps below.
How do I troubleshoot the installation of Discord on Windows 10?
1. Reconciliation process
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select Task Manager. Data
- Look for an entry in the Substantive Process section that may relate to the disagreement.
- To complete the task, select it and click the End Task button. If there are multiple instances, select them one by one.
2. Delete the previous request for disagreement
- On the Windows search bar, type Control Panel.
- Press the Enter key or click to open the window.
- In the parameter view, located in the right corner, go to Small symbols.
- Select programs and functions. Data
- Search for Discrepancy in the program list and select Discrepancy and then Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
Pay attention: As a best practice, you should remove an already installed program from the control panel before installing it. In general, you will get an error message if you do not uninstall first.
However, some applications allow you to install multiple versions, which can also cause problems with your computer.
3. Delete the remaining file on the device.
- Press the Win+R hotkey to open the Run window.
- Type %appdata% and press Enter.Compatibility modes
- In the path that opens, navigate to the Local and Wandering Folder folder, locate the folder on the disk, and delete it.
- Finally, restart the computer.
- You can now reinstall Discord on your Windows 10 system without any problems.
4. Start the installation as administrator
Almost all software you want to install requires administrator rights. This means that your Windows account is an administrator account, or you need to know the user and password for the administrator account.
To start the installation on the disk as administrator, first locate the file install.exe in the download folder. Right-click and select Run as Administrator. When the system prompts you to enter the UAC, select Yes.
5. Uninstall Windows Update
- Press Win+I to open the settings.
- Click on Update and Security. Data
- Go to Windows Updates and select Show update history.
- Click on the first option – Remove Updates. Data
- Here you can remove certain Windows updates.
Pay attention: If Discord was corrupted by a recent Windows 10 update, you can try uninstalling the Windows package.
This solution should only be used as a last resort. Windows Updates are patches that address operating system problems, security issues, new features, and so on. It is therefore important to keep Windows up to date.
These are troubleshooting steps that can correct the installation mechanism of Discord for Windows 10.
If you have any other questions or want to solve other similar problems, please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always try to develop the perfect tutorial for your Windows 10 device.