RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Windows users reported a RegSvr32 DllUnregisterServer error with error code 0040200 when trying to save or delete a DLL file during installation of an application that automatically saves a DLL file.
The detailed RegSvr32 error message is as follows
The xxx module was loaded, but the DllUnregisterServer call failed with error code 0040200.
You can find more information about this problem on the Internet by using the error code as a search term.
Cause of error
CDO DLLs are used by applications to communicate with databases, for example for reporting and quarantine. Cdosys.dll and cdoex.dll contain commands to access them, but they are slightly different. Programs cannot execute certain commands with a DLL if the registry is incorrect. cdoex.dll is sometimes stored in the registry where cdosys.dll should be. It is not known why, but it is suspected that this is due to another program using CDO communication (with databases) or that Windows has incorrectly updated the records by re-recording them.
Save the file after installing.
If you see this error when trying to install an application, it is probably because some dependencies are not loaded correctly. If this is the case, you will probably need to run the installer with administrator privileges and then manually remove and re-register the failed dependency to resolve the issue.
- Open the file explorer and navigate to the installation location where the error occurred.
- Right-click and select Run as Administrator from the context menu that appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. You don’t mind if you see the same error 0040200 – just close the error window and go to the next step.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R. Then type cmd in the text box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command line with the expanded CMD.
- In the command line terminal, enter the following commands in order and press Enter after each command to cancel the OCX dependency and re-register:
- spri32x30.ocx / UNRESIGNED
- spri32x30.ocx / REGSERVER
- Restart the computer and see if the problem is resolved the next time you start the computer.
January 2021 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from having problems:
- Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Use administrator rights to write out aDLL file.
Step one. Press the Windows + R keys to open the start window.
Step two: Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open a command prompt with a high CMD. Click Yes to grant administrator rights when prompted for User Account Control (UAC).
Step three: Type the following command and press Enter to manually remove the DLL file: regsvr32 / u xxx.dll
Note. Replace xxx with the name of the DLL you want to depreciate. For example: Command regsvr32 / u cdo32.dll.
Step four: Restart the computer.
High level of commissioning readiness Command line
a. Press Start. Type cmd to perform a search at startup.
b. Right-click on cmd.exe and choose whether to start as administrator.
against regsvr32 / u cdo32.dll
Speaking of… Check that the registration has been cancelled successfully.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have a CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
error code 0x80040200 windows 10, the module was loaded but the call to dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80040200, regsvr32 failed with 0x80040200, dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80029c4a, dllregisterserver 0x80040200, unknown error 0x80040200, error 80040200, server execution for registration failed with error 0x80040201