In most cases, the user does not even notice the existence of this software. And then there are times when it doesn’t work at all. The Realtek HD Audio Manager has been known to stop working unexpectedly and for no reason. What’s the worst? The Realtek HD Audio Manager has completely disappeared. Although this usually happens when you have installed a Windows update on your computer.
Have you encountered any of the following problems?
- The Realtek HD Audio Manager is missing.
- The Realtek HD Audio Manager does not open.
- The Realtek HD Audio Manager does not work.
- Realtek HD Audio Manager missing on Windows 10
So we have a solution for you here.
Realtek HD Audio ManagerBug Correction
Realtek HD Audio Manager works well with older versions of Windows, such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows XP. Also, everything was fine with Windows 10 until a certain update. This is an update to Windows 10 Build 1903.
The Realtek HD Audio Driver includes many audio technologies such as Dolby Audio, DTS, surround sound, a six-channel digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and other technologies to improve the audio output of connected audio devices.
If you are having problems with the Realtek HD Audio Manager or the driver, you are not alone. The internet is filled with tons of complaints from users all over the world. After some research, we discovered that the latest version of the Realtek HD Audio Driver, v2.82, doesn’t work very well on Windows 10. One symptom of this problem is that the HD Audio Manager is hidden in the Windows taskbar. Another symptom is that the HD Audio Manager does not open when you click on the icon in the taskbar.
The way to solve this problem is to remove v2.82 and replace it with a bug-free version. And there are two options: reinstall a lower version or get the latest version from the Realtek site and install it.
That’s how it is.
Removing the Realtek HD Audio v2.82 driver
In this step, we will remove the Realtek HD Audio Driver v2.82 that is pre-installed on Windows 10.
- Press the Windows + X key to open the context menu.
- Click on Device Manager in the menu.
- In the Device Manager, open the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers section.
- Right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Remove Device.
- Then check the option Uninstall the drivers for this software and click the Ok button to continue with the installation.
Reinstall Realtek HD v2.81 audio driver
The next step is to install the Realtek HD Audio v2.81 driver, which is compatible with Windows 10 and includes a fully functional Realtek HD Audio Manager application. Unfortunately, this particular version is no longer available on Realtek’s official website, but you can get it from any software distributor. You can find the link I used below:
Once you receive the completed file from the link above, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard screen and complete the installation.
- Restart the PC after installing the Realtek HD Audio driver.
- Next, we’ll create a shortcut for the Realtek HD Audio Manager for easy access.
- Click the Windows + R key and type the path below, then press Enter :
Opens the folder where the Realtek HD Audio Manager application is installed on your computer.
- Right click RAVCpl64, click Send to and select Desktop (this will create a shortcut).
Message : RAVCpl64 is an application of Realtek HD Audio Manager.
It’s done. You now have permanent access to Realtek HD Audio Manager directly from your desktop. You can also pin a shortcut to the application in the taskbar:
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut.
- Click Pin on the taskbar.
Then the Realtek HD Audio Manager is added to the taskbar form, which you can access at any time.
This should allow you to retrieve the Realtek HD Audio Manager on your Windows 10 PC.
Otherwise, if you want to reinstall the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers (v2.82), you can download them directly from the official Realtek website.
We recommend that you check your computer/laptop manufacturer’s website for the latest audio drivers for your motherboard model.
Manage windows 10 Audio
There is a wide variety of audio management and control software available for the Windows ecosystem. But we don’t recommend any of them. The Realtek HD Audio Manager does a pretty good job by default. Now that you have resolved the Realtek HD Audio Manager issues on your Windows 10 PC, you can manage your PC’s audio devices efficiently.
realtek hd audio manager windows 10 64-bit, realtek hd audio manager not opening, realtek hd audio manager missing windows 7, realtek hd audio manager windows 7, free download realtek hd audio manager, msi realtek hd audio manager windows 10, install realtek hd audio manager, how to open realtek hd audio manager