The video above provides a good birds-eye view of the issue, but if you’re experiencing it, chances are you’re a little more up-close-and-personal with it than most people. Below, we’ll dig into the details and discuss the fix.
YouTube is currently rolling out a change in its policies that’s causing some confusion among users. The site’s “Restricted Mode” setting has been disabled for a certain set of users, and the new option to disable the setting has been completely removed. Users who aren’t aware of this change are confused by the sudden disappearance of the setting, and they’re assuming that their administrators are the ones responsible for disabling the feature.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Restricted mode is an optional setting of YouTube that, when enabled, limits the availability of potentially adult or offensive content.
However, for some users, this handy feature works in an unexpected way – it just can’t be turned off. This has led to several complaints on the official YouTube forums.
Users experiencing this issue report that they cannot comment on videos or view certain videos. Instead, they are greeted with the message that the video is banned. But don’t worry, we have the problem under control.
What is the reason for the message Restricted mode is enabled on YouTube by your network administrator
This may be due to your router’s DNS settings, your network administrator enabling this feature, or the installation of a new browser add-on, which may force these settings and prevent the user from changing them.
Many users have several add-ons installed in their browser, and one of them can cause this problem.
If you have an antivirus add-on installed, you may need to disable it first, as it is usually the culprit. If you have a security program or antivirus software installed on your computer, check to see if it has a Web filtering feature. All traffic from the internet, including Youtube, is filtered by the application, so sensitive content cannot get in.
Restore the restricted mode on Youtube activated by the network administrator
April 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this program you can quickly solve PC problems and prevent further problems:
- Step 1: Download the PC recovery and optimization tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click Start Scan to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing problems with your PC.
- Step Three: Click Repair All to fix all issues.
As always, the first solution is to reboot the affected device. If you are unable to disable restriction mode on your computer, restart your computer. The same goes for Android, iPhone or iPad.
FOLLOW THE CORRECT STEPS TO DISABLE THE RESTRICTION MODE
- Open youtube.com on your computer and log in to your account.
- Click on the account icon at the top of the page.
- Scroll down the menu that appears and you will see the Restricted Mode option. Click on it.
- Uncheck the box next to Enable restricted mode.
- If the Enable restricted mode option is grayed out, click the Unlock this browser option under the same setting.
- You will be asked to enter your Google Account password. Please enter your password. Browser reload and restricted mode should be disabled.
- If not, disable the Enable restricted mode option.
- In the YouTube for Android application, tap the account icon. Go to Settings -> General. Deactivate the rocker switch for the limit switch mode.
- On iPhone and iPad, also tap the profile icon at the top of the YouTube app. Go to Settings and turn off the switch next to Restricted Mode.
LIMITS ON PAYMENT ACCOUNTS
As mentioned on the Google support page, your school, college, university or other public institution may be using a computer that has restricted mode enabled. You need to contact them to deactivate it. If you are using a school account, you cannot disable restricted mode.
If your Google account is linked to the Family Link app, parents can enable restricted mode for your account. You can’t turn it off yourself. Only the parent can disable the restriction mode in the Family Link application.
CONTROL THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES
Do you have a parental control program installed on your computer or phone? If so, they can also activate the restricted mode for YouTube. Talk to your parents.
Also make sure you have installed Internet security software, for example. B. Antivirus, firewall, VPN, etc. Disconnect and restart the device. Try turning off the restricted mode.
If the problem occurs in your browser, check for active extensions, including extensions for video conferencing tools. These tips have helped many YouTube users.
CHECK NETWORK RESTRICTIONS
Sometimes different settings on your network activate YouTube’s restriction mode. Google offers a special page to check if this is the case.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable if you are using it to connect to a modem. Instead, connect the computer to a normal Wi-Fi network.
- Change the DNS server for the Internet connection. Set the DNS servers to the Google DNS servers, i.e. 8.8.8 and 126.96.36.199. You can also select automatic DNS servers.
- On the mobile phone, change the Wi-Fi network settings and assign a new DNS.
- Reboot the router and configure it from the beginning.
CLEAR BROWSER CACHE
Some YouTube users were able to disable the restricted mode by clearing their browser’s cache and cookies. We have mentioned the steps for Chrome browser, but for other browsers the steps are almost the same.
- Open Chrome’s settings and go to Privacy and Security. Click Clear Browsing Data.
- select cookies and other site data, as well as images and cached files. Click on the Delete Data button.
CLEAR ANDROID APP CACHE
If you can’t disable the restricted mode in the YouTube for Android app, you need to clear the cache and data in the app. Clearing the cache will not erase your personal data, but clearing it will erase all videos uploaded to the YouTube application. This will also reset all YouTube settings to their default values.
- Open your Android phone’s settings and go to Apps.
- Under All Apps, tap YouTube. Tap on Memory and then Clear Cache first.
- Restart the phone. To disable the restriction mode, proceed as described above. If this is still not possible, click Clear data/memory.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
On the YouTube homepage, select the profile icon in the upper right corner. Then select Settings. Finally, scroll down to see the restricted mode and whether or not it is enabled. You should also be able to turn it on or off.
Go to Settings -> General. Deactivate the rocker switch for the limit switch mode. On iPhone and iPad, also tap the profile icon at the top of the YouTube app. Go to Settings and turn off the switch next to Restricted Mode.
- Use a proxy site. Proxy sites not only allow you to bypass age restrictions, but also location restrictions.
- Add NSFW to your link.
- Use the repeat option.
- On-board video.
- Click on the Windows Start button. This button is located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Press the Settings button.
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select the family and other users.
- Select the administrator account you want to delete.
- Click on the Remove button.
- Finally, select Account and Delete Data.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about how to turn on restricted mode on youtube network administrator and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I disable restricted mode on YouTube?
This text is sensitive. Click edit and regenerate for new copy. This text is sensitive. Click edit and regenerate for new copy.
How do I disable restricted mode on YouTube network administrator?
YouTube has a feature called restricted mode that hides videos that contain potentially mature content, such as violence, nudity, sex, or drug use. This feature is mainly used by schools, libraries, and other public institutions who want to keep their computers free of objectionable content. If you’re on a network where this feature is enabled, you can disable restricted mode by following these steps: YouTube recently added a new feature called restricted mode. It’s not a major change to the site, but it’s one that has caused a lot of confusion among users. So, what is YouTube restricted mode? Restricted mode is designed to hide videos that may contain inappropriate content. It’s on by default for all new YouTube accounts, and can also be set for an entire network.
How do I remove network restrictions?
If your work or school has network restrictions in place, you will likely need to disable them in order to access certain sites, like Facebook and YouTube. However, since these restrictions are set by your network administrator they may be hard to find and turn off. Luckily, there are several ways to get around this limitation, and in this blog post we’ll give you the information you need to disable restricted mode in any browser you choose. Each network has its own restrictions, but most of them are fairly similar. For example, some restrict the websites you can view, others the type of programs you can download, while some restrict the amount of time you can use the computer. To get past these restrictions, you need to disable the settings that enforce these restrictions, which is usually done through the network’s administrator. This can be done by logging into your computer from a different network, and changing the restrictions so the settings will be applied to any network.
youtube restricted mode won't turn offhow to turn off restricted mode on youtube network administrator pcyoutube restricted mode off but still filteringhow to turn off restricted mode on youtube network administrator on school computerhow do you disable restricted mode is enabled by your network administrator?how to turn off restricted mode on youtube network administrator on computer,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,how do you disable restricted mode is enabled by your network administrator?,how to turn off restricted mode on youtube network administrator on computer,how to turn off restricted mode on youtube network administrator ipad,how to turn on restricted mode on youtube network administrator,youtube restricted mode won't turn off,how to turn off restricted mode on youtube network administrator pc,youtube restricted mode off but still filtering,how to turn off restricted mode on youtube network administrator on school computer