MSI is known for its extremely well-built gaming laptops. Besides all the usual, flashy features you would expect from a gaming laptop, they also have very good keyboards.
Most high-end laptops support regional or even RGB keys. This means that you can adjust the backlight of the keyboard to suit your preferences.
In this article we will discuss how to change the backlight colour of the keyboard on your MSI laptop.
Also read : How do I connect a notebook with a broken screen to an external monitor?
Your laptop comes with all the necessary drivers and software to control the backlight of the keyboard. All you have to do is search for the software from the start menu. In most cases it bears the name of the company that developed the keyboard.
In this case most if not all MSI keyboards are made by Steelseries, so I will use Steelseries motor 3 for the light control.
Step one: Open the Start menu and search for the Series 3 engine.
Step two: Click on the option MSI RGB Keyboard by Key.
Step three: You can see the standard configuration of the keyboard and flash. Now click on the Config button in the lower left corner.
Step four: The configuration window opens on the left. If you wish, you can select one of the standard configurations here and proceed as follows.
Still we go a bit further and make our own configuration. Click on the Create button at the bottom.
Step five: Enter a name for the new configuration. You can also specify all the applications with which you want the configuration to run automatically and then click Save.
Step six: You can now start changing the backlight of the keyboard as desired. Here is a brief description of the tools you see:
- Please choose: Select each individual field or button.
- Selection of groups : Select multiple zones or buttons at the same time.
- The wand: Select all fields or buttons that have the same effect.
- Brush: Applies the effect to a scale or key.
- A bucket of paint: Creates a tactile effect on any area or button.
- Gum: Deletes the effect of the key or field.
- The Picker Effect: Selection and effect of the selected area or button.
Just below the tools is a color selector for effects and dropdown lists. The drop-down list indicates the type of effect you can use, and the color picker selects the color of the effect.
Here you can see what the effect types mean:
- Take it easy. Take it easy: Uses a color on the selected button/area.
- Color shift : Allows you to paint multiple colors on the selected keys/areas.
- Multi Colour Shift : Can switch from one color to another on selected areas/buttons.
- Reactive key: Assigns the active color and standby color to the button, which is used when the button is pressed or released.
- Cold Timer: Moves the buttons of the finished color to cold for a preset amount of time on a preset shutter release button.
- Turn off the lights: Deactivates RGB on the button/zone.
As you can see, there are many ways to customize your keyboard to use these tools and effects.
Step seven: When you’re done, click the Save button in the lower left corner.
And here’s how to change the colour of your MSI laptop keyboard.
Also read : How do I check the GPU temperature in Windows 10?
Programmer, developer, electronics and do-it-yourself enthusiast, video game enthusiast and photographer with a touch of music.
Contact Yadullah via e-mail: [protected via email]
msi per key rgb keyboard not connected,msi steelseries keyboard driver,led wizard msi,msi laptop function keys,steelseries keyboard not changing colors,dragon gaming center,msi gf63 thin 9sc change keyboard color,msi steelseries download,msi keyboard,steelseries keyboard,how to change keyboard color on msi gs63 stealth,msi keyboard color shortcut,how to change keyboard color on msi ge75 raider,how to change the keyboard color on msi gl75,how to turn on backlit keyboard msi,msi keyboard led manager,msi keyboard color not working,msi gf65 change keyboard color