RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Steam is a digital distribution platform with various games and applications. Steam is known as a pioneer in the gaming industry and has revolutionized the online gaming category. Users can add friends and play group multiplayer games.
However, sometimes you cannot add someone as a friend. Instead, it displays an error message Error when adding a friend. Communication between you and this user is blocked or nothing happens. This issue has been on the platform for some time and has also been officially confirmed by Steam representatives. This could be a temporary error in the application or an incompatibility in your account. Follow the remedies below, starting with the first case and gradually decreasing.
Someone has reached the maximum number of friends
Once a player reaches the maximum number of friends, no new invitations will be accepted or sent.
Please note that the number of friends includes not only the players on your friends list, but also the pending invitations you have sent. When you cancel current invitations, you make room for more friends.
Delayed invitations are not accepted
After sending an invitation, the other player receives it in his friend list. You should check with another user to see if they understand. You also need to make sure that you send the invitation to the right player.
List of Test Blocks.
Steam has a locking mechanism that prevents multiple people from contacting you or seeing your actions. The opposite account will either be invisible to you or will contain no information (only the profile picture will be displayed). If you try to add a friend who is on your blocked list, you cannot do so. No one on your blacklist is allowed to communicate with you (not even to add friends). We’re going to go through your blacklist and look at it.
- Launch the Steam client on your desktop.
- Now click on your username in the top navigation bar and select Friends.
- Select the Locked option from the left navigation bar. Displays all users currently blocked on your account. Delete the blocked person to whom you cannot add a friend (if you have one).
- Save the changes and exit. Restart Steam properly and see if the error is resolved.
Use command pair: // flushconfig
According to users, this problem can be easily solved with the command: // flushconfig. Proceed as follows:
January 2021 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from having problems:
- Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type steam: // set flush and press OK or Enter.
- Steam will recharge your configuration and you will be able to add friends again.
Access for disabled family
Steam has added a handy feature called Family Sharing that allows you to share games with family and friends.
This feature is useful because your friends or family members can play your Steam games on their computers without buying them.
Of course, this feature has its limitations and you can’t use your account or play games while your family members are playing them.
This feature can also cause problems when adding friends. That’s why you might want to disable it permanently. To disable family access, follow the steps below:
- Start the steam.
- Go to the Settings screen and choose the Family tab.
- Click the Manage Other Computers button and disable all computers.
You can also do this through your Steam Profile by following the steps below:
- Open your steam profile.
- In the top right corner, click the arrow next to your Steam username and select Account Details.
- Scroll down to the Family Settings section and click Manage access to the family library.
- You will now see a list of all authorized computers. Click on the Remove link. Be sure to remove all computers from the family share list.
- Then, restart Steam and try to add new friends.
One of the best features is the ability to play games on Steam with your friends. If for some reason you get an error message when adding a friend’s message to Steam, try all the solutions described in this article.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have a CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
steam error adding friend after removing, failed to send invitation please retry. steam, error adding friend. communication between you and this user has been blocked., how to add friends on steam for free, why can’t i add friends on steam, steam failed to send invitation, your account does not meet the requirements to use this feature, steam friend request not working