Milan Stanojevic – deputy editor-in-chief
Latest update: 12. March 2021
- Users who are tired of the same old PureVPN 800 error are looking for simple solutions.
- If you stay with this VPN, we have some general troubleshooting steps you can apply.
- However, our guide is for PureVPN users who encounter the 800 error.
- Check out our guide and learn how to fix the 800 PureVPN error effortlessly.
PureVPN is known for its advanced features that provide comprehensive prevention and security by creating encrypted tunnels, mitigating malware and viruses, blocking annoying ads, and filtering unwanted content.
You can even try PureVPN for free if you don’t want to spend a fortune on a premium VPN service.
In addition to its strengths in privacy and security against malware and other online threats, PureVPN is also popular for its reliable network of VPN servers in multiple locations, as well as its high scores in speed tests.
If you try to connect to this VPN and it fails, but instead you get error message 800, which reads as follows: A VPN connection cannot be established, relax, this is a common problem that occurs with VPN connections.
While most VPN issues have common troubleshooting procedures, some error codes have specific solutions, including the PureVPN 800 error.
Error 800 occurs when you try to find and establish a new connection to the PureVPN server, which means that the messages sent by your VPN are not reaching the server.
There are several reasons for these connection errors, for example B. a loss of connection to the local network, an invalid username specified by the user or an invalid VPN server address.
The network firewall can also block traffic from VPN clients. This article describes simple solutions you can use to resolve the PureVPN 800 error on your computer.
How do I fix a PureVPN 800 error?
- Make sure the network connection is working. You can try pinging the server and/or retry after about two minutes if the network is unstable or if there are intermittent outages.
- You can also try connecting from another device to see if there is a problem with the network or device.
- Make sure the name you enter on your page matches the name set by the PureVPN administrator, as it is possible that your name or address is incorrect.
- Sometimes VPN servers change IP addresses, like DHCP networks, so make sure they are correct.
- Make sure your firewall is not causing a PureVPN 800 error by blocking the VPN connection. In that case you can temporarily log out and try to log in again.
- You may also need to update your router’s firmware if you’ve never used a local router before, so you can sync it to work with your VPN. Otherwise, if they worked fine before, the fault does not lie with the VPN router/client connection.
Problem-solving steps as described above are not intended for people who do not have the patience or skills to apply them.
Developed by Kape Technologies, the leader in privacy and security, Private Internet Access will not disappoint those who choose to install the software immediately.
PIA maintains a strict no-logging policy and VPN security is ensured by the latest technologies such as tunneling and encryption (AES-256).
It also accepts various forms of payment, including bitcoin and Target gift cards. This means you can avoid using a credit card or PayPal, both of which use your name.
Private Internet access
Private Internet access is a great alternative to PureVPN. A great discount is currently available!
As mentioned earlier, make sure you have entered the correct VPN server address, username and password before trying to connect again.
- Change your router and firewall settings to allow PPTP (Point to Point Tunneling Protocol) and/or VPN on TCP port 1723 and GRE 47 protocol. You must be enabled for PPTP VPN connection to prevent error 800.
- If you are using a Windows operating system, go to the PureVPN properties settings, click on the Security tab, and change the VPN type to PPTP.
If any of these solutions have worked for you, we’d love to hear about your experience. Share it with us in the comments below.
Frequently asked questions
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
frequently asked questions
How do I correct error 800?
Why doesn’t PureVPN work?
If PureVPN doesn’t work on your Android device, you can often fix the problem by deleting the app data on your phone: Go to Settings > Applications. … Press the Clear Data button. Try connecting to PureVPN again.
What error code is returned by an 800 error?
Error 800 occurs when you attempt to establish a new connection to the VPN server. This indicates that messages sent by the VPN client (i.e. you) do not reach the server. … The client device has lost the connection to the local network. An invalid VPN server name or address has been entered by the user.
Feedback,purevpn dedicated ip not working,purevpn cannot connect to server,purevpn error 5038,purevpn error code 5040,purevpn china server not working,purevpn not working on iphone,Privacy settings,How Search works,purevpn invalid credentials or account disabled,purevpn not connecting on android