Android 12 is here as an initial preview for developers of Google Pixel devices. And as we shared in our last Android 12 guide, it’s available for the Pixel 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL, 4a (5G), and 5. And if you have one of these pixel phones, you can enjoy the first version of Android 12 with new features. Here’s how to install Android 12 Developer Preview on the Google Pixel Phone.
The Developer Preview is the very first version of Android 12, so it may contain major and minor bugs, and it is intended for developers. But you can also install it on your Pixel phone if you want to test new features. OTAs for the developer preview are not distributed to devices, so users will have to install the developer preview manually. And users will then be able to get the next developer preview streamed directly to the device.
How to get the Android 12 Developer Preview on Pixel phones
Although Android 12 Developer Preview is available to everyone, you only need to install it on a secondary device. If you want to try Android 12, there are two different approaches to installing the update. And here you will learn both, and follow a reliable method for your device.
Installing Android 12 Developer Preview on a stable Android build requires a complex reset to work perfectly. The same goes for the return to the stable version of the developer’s preview. So don’t forget to make a full backup of your phone. Both methods require ADB and fastboot drivers on the computer. You can also use the Android SDK to get the driver under Windows/Mac/Linux.
How to install Android 12 Developer Preparation with Android FlashTool
This method requires an unlocked boot loader. So make sure you unlock the bootloader of your Google Pixel phone first. And then follow the next steps.
- On your Google Pixel phone, go to Settings > About phone and tap the building number seven times to activate development features.
- Open the developer settings by going to Settings > Developer Settings. And enable USB debugging to use the ADB.
- Now connect the pixel directly to your computer with the original USB cable.
- Open the Android Flash tool page by clicking this link. It asks your browser for permission to use the AfDB.
- On the web page, click Add new device, then select a device model and click Connect.
- Also, allow debugging of your phone when the pop-up window appears.
- Now select the connected device in the browser.
- Select the Developer Preview build from the list. Also select the data wipe option for a clean flash memory.
- Click the Install button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the firmware is complete, disconnect the phone and you can enjoy the latest version of Android 12.
We have a separate guide on how to use the Android Flash tool in detail, so make sure you check that out if you have any questions. Now let’s go to the next step, where you don’t need to unlock your phone’s bootloader. This method also requires the Android 12 Developer Preview ADB flash on pixel phones.
How to install Android 12 Developer Preview with Recovery and ADB
This method also works if you do not want to unlock the Pixel Phone Starter Charger. In this method, we use the OTA zip file for the recovery update.
- Download the Android 12 DP OTA file for your device from here. If the file name is large, rename the file (e.g. Update.zip) to simplify the procedure.
- Enable USB debugging on your Pixel phone. Check the first way to find out about the process.
- Now connect your phone to your computer. You will get a prompt on your phone, press the Allow button to allow debugging access on your phone. If you are not prompted, type adb devices into CMD and the screen should show the ID of the connected device.
- After connecting the pixel phone to your computer, enter the following command to start the pixel phone in recovery mode.
- The phone will now start in recovery mode. Now select the option Apply ADB Update.
- Now run the following command to install Android 12 Developer Preview on your Pixel phone. Make sure you specified the correct name for the renamed file in the first step. Replace Update with the correct file name.
- The update for your Pixel phone will now be installed. After installing the file, select Reboot System Now to start the system.
You can now enjoy Android 12 on your pixel with many new features. Since this is the first preview for developers, you may encounter some bugs. Therefore, we do not recommend installing the Android 12 Developer Preview on your primary device. In addition, we will share another guide when other OEMs allow Android 12 Beta to be installed on some of their best phones.
You might also like – Download Android 12 Wallpaper
So you have a complete guide on how to install Android 12 Developer Preview on pixel phones. If you have any questions about the installation instructions, please let us know in the Comments section.
Check it out:
should i install android 11 beta,android 11 usb file transfer,android 11 developer options,android flash tool,android 11 release date,Privacy settings,How Search works,android beta program,flash android phone,android 11,google pixel 4 review,google pixel 3 price,google pixel 3xl,pixel 5 specs