We are members of the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
So you want to learn how to connect a Windows 10 PC to the domain?
Awesome! Then you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s start with a definition.
What is a domain?
A domain is a type of network that you can connect to from any computer on the network. The network must include at least one computer running Windows Server and the other computers running Windows Pro or Enterprise. This can be very useful in many cases:
- A small office without a desktop computer for every employee.
- Even if they have desktops, you can monitor them and assign different permissions to each of them from your server.
- A large company with fewer computers than employees.
- Universities and schools.
This way you can just sit on any computer, log in with your username and password, submit your work and log out again.
Everything you need to join the :
- Domain name
- The IP address of the server (this is used to make the connection more secure).
Your domain administrator is responsible for creating the user on the server computer and providing all information so far.
We start by setting the IP address of the server as the primary DNS. Follow us:
Do you have everything you need? Then let’s join the estate.
How do I become a member of a domain?
- Open from the Start menu Settings.
- Select the system.
- In the left hand box, select About and click on Register Domain.
- Enter the domain name you received from the domain manager and click Next.
- Enter the username and password you received and click OK.
- Select a user type : Administrator or Default User (the default value is Default User, if you don’t know which one to choose, leave it as it is).
- Restart your computer now or later, it’s up to you, but it won’t take effect until you reboot.
- The first thing you will notice after restarting is that your lock screen will look a bit different. Enter the password of your domain user.
- In some cases you will be asked to change your password immediately. This is a function that the server administrator may have defined. You can also ask your server administrator to change the password if necessary.
- You have to be a little patient and wait until everything is ready. It’s like being on a new computer, but any changes you make from now on will be stored for this domain user and can be accessed from any other computer in the domain with your data. .
- Now that you are logged in, go to Settings -> System -> About, you will see that your computer is now registered in the domain. System parameters
How do I reconnect to my local computer account?
If you now want to access your original local files and programs stored on a computer outside the domain, follow these steps:
- Start the computer or go to the lock screen.
- Select Other user in the lower left corner.
- Enter the name of your device, followed by a backslash and then the local user. Enter the local device password, if you have one, and press the Enter key. Here was the name of my computer Win10FAQ and the default user Win10FAQ, so the result was Win10FAQWin10FAQ. For example, if your name is Desktop-xxxxxx and your user is Joe, you would type Desktop-xxxxxxxJoe.
How to separate a computer from a domain?
- Login to your local account by following the steps above.
- Go to Settings -> System -> About and select Disconnect.
- Select Next. again
- Restart now or later, but you cannot leave the domain completely before restarting it.
I hope you found this article useful to connect your Windows 10 PC to the domain!
If you know another way, please let us know in the comments below.
windows 10 join domain missing,how to setup a windows domain at home,windows 10 domain login screen,can windows 10 home join a domain,windows 10 pro how to join to domain,windows 10 home join domain hack,windows server 2019 cannot join domain,member of domain greyed out,no option to add pc to domain,windows 10 home join domain,windows 10 leave domain,windows 10 join domain powershell,windows 10 disconnect from azure ad,windows 10 that domain couldn't be found,how to join computer to domain using cmd,windows 10 domain greyed out,join a domain not showing windows 10,windows 10 join domain command line,how to create a domain in windows 10,join computer to domain – windows 7,windows 10 home join domain workaround,cannot join domain windows 10,windows 10 2004 join domain