RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
This SMITE game error appears after the game starts and redirects to the game login screen. An invalid or missing configuration error message appears after attempting to enter the game and prevents players from starting and playing the game.
The SMITE video game can be downloaded from a standalone launcher or from the Steam page. However, some methods are for Steam players and some are for non-Steam players. Follow the methods below to resolve this issue.
Check your antivirus program
Sometimes the problem can be caused by third-party antivirus software. It is therefore necessary to temporarily disable the antivirus software.
If the problem persists, uninstall the antivirus program. Then open Smite or install the game and see if the problem is fixed.
Verify that the Hi-Rez Studios authentication and update services are working
updated February 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also repairs common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can quickly fix your PC’s problems and prevent others from getting them too:
- Step 1: Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing PC problems.
- Step Three: Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Some people have complained that they cannot install the game on Windows 10 because of this problem. Therefore, you need to enable Hi-rez Studios authentication and update services at the same time.
Follow the steps below to do this.
- First start the Run window by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously. Now type services.msc into the output box and press Enter.
- The Services screen appears on the System screen. Then read the list to know more about Hi-Rez Studios’ verification and upgrade services.
- Right-click and select the Start button from the drop-down list.
Then try to reinstall Smite to see if there is a problem with Smite, a missing configuration or not.
Creating a New User Account
- Open the Settings program with the Windows + I key combination.
- In the Settings application, go to Accounts.
- In the left pane, select Family and Others. Now click Add another to this computer on the right.
- Select that I do not have this man’s papers.
- Now select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the desired user name and click Next.
Sometimes problems with Smite can be caused by your account. Several users reported that they had solved the problem by simply creating a new user account.
It’s pretty easy to do in Windows 10 if you follow the steps above.
After creating a new account, see if the problem persists. Otherwise, you will need to transfer your personal files to the new account and use it instead of the old one.
Installing or uninstalling the Hirez service
Sometimes, this service is not installed correctly on users’ computers and they cannot do anything about the installation of Smite, so this error appears early. In other cases, the service seems to be corrupt and you need to remove it and let the game install itself.
- Once the game is installed in Steam, open your Steam client, go to the Library tab in the Steam window, and look for Smite in the list of games in your library.
- Right click on the game and select Properties, which will appear at the top of the context menu. In the Properties window, click the Local Files tab and select Show Local Files.
- If the game was not installed through Steam, find the game shortcut on the desktop, right-click on it, and select Open File Location from the pop-up menu that appears. If you don’t have a shortcut on your desktop, manually go to the game’s installation folder (C >> Programs >> Smith) if you haven’t changed it.
- You can also find it in the Start menu by typing Smite into the open Start menu, right-clicking on the Smite entry and choosing the Open File location.
- Go to Binary >> Repeat and open the executable file InstallHiRezService.exe by double clicking on it. After installing the service, you must remove it from the executable. If it is not installed, install it before restarting the game.
- The game must complete the installation of the service before starting. So see if you play the game now.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, web developer, PC troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have a CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
frequently asked questions
How do you fix a forge that won’t start?
To fix this issue, you need to download the 32-bit version of this dll file and move it to the SysWow64 folder in Windows 10. After moving these two files, the problem should be completely solved and Smite should work again.
How do I reinstall the forge?
Right-click on the game and select Play Game, which appears at the top of the pop-up menu. If you have a Steam game shortcut on your computer, find it and double-click on it. Select SMITE from the list of installed games and change the game installation folder to the folder you used to install SMITE.
Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Smite,Tribes: Ascend,Paladins,Rogue Company,Global Agenda,See more