The Google Home ($99) has made amazing progress since its debut in 2016. The former speaker is now joined by the Google Home Mini ($49) and the new Nest Home devices, formerly known as the Google Home Hub ($129). That means you’ve got a lot of fascinating speakers, and even more if you count LG and JBL’s smart displays.
It’s not hard to set up the Google Home speaker ($99 at Walmart) for the first time, using your music and video accounts to play songs and start a movie night with just your voice.
We’ll also tell you what you need to do to pay for your order naturally through Google Home.
Google Home application installation path
- Connect the Google Home speaker.
- Download the free Google Home app on your phone.
- Sign in to Google with your email address.
- Press to expand location services. (You don’t have to do this of course, it just allows the wizard to give you more and more personalized information. You can turn it on or off at any time).
- Tap +> Add a new gadget> Choose the location of your gadget’s home base (e.g. your apartment or house, your office, etc.).
- The Google Home application searches for your gadget. Press Yes when the application finds it. You will hear the ring signal when they are actually assigned and click Yes again.
- Choose the location of your gadget (i.e. bedroom, kitchen, shed, office, custom room addition, etc.)
- Select and connect to your local Wi-Fi network. Click on the Connect button.
- Then you can help Google get your voice with Voice Match, so you can give clues and gradually get personalized results. It can certainly recognize your voice if you’ve used Assistant on your phone. If you’ve officially set up a voting contest, just record it. Yeah, I’m in.
- If you haven’t set up Voice Match yet, use Google’s suggestions. You repeat one or two phrases (Hey Google, OK Google, etc.). When the wizard has finished, click Next.
- Here you choose the voice of your assistant (male or female; no cool accents, sorry). Choose one and click Next.
- Enter your home or office address so Google Home can share location information, such as weather and traffic). Click on Next.
Add your music services
Once you reach this point, Google offers you an alternative way to connect music streaming services so that Google Assistant can play the songs in your account.
You don’t need an account to see it: Hey Google, play the Beatles on YouTube Music and Google Play Music, but if you don’t have that, you’ll hear intermittent ads. If you have a subscription, you can skip the ads and access your personalized playlists by logging into your account.
You can also connect your Spotify, Pandora and Deezer accounts to the Google Home speaker. Follow the instructions during the initial installation or add them later. From the app home screen, tap + > Music & Audio > select the Music app(s) and sign in to the Music app (without leaving the Google app).
Adding Video Accounts
If you’re a big fan of television and movies, don’t miss this breakthrough! By logging into your Netflix, CBS, HBO Now, Starz and Viki accounts, you can stream videos to your TV or smart screen without lifting a finger.
They say: Okay, Google, play some unfamiliar stuff on Netflix, and software magic will take care of the rest. As with music services, you connect to your accounts by tapping the + button in the Google Home app and signing in to the service. Take a test drive to make sure it works before proceeding.
We have lots of tips for playing Netflix and YouTube videos through Google Home. The gadget also supports your Chromecast.
Paying with your vote
There’s no need to link a debit or credit card to your Google Home. But if you do, it will be easier for you to do some shopping. You can shop at Google Express, order food, or call Uber or Lyft.
You can add a payment card to the initial setup by tapping Add Payment Method on the settings screen of the Google Home app. You can activate any of these services and platforms later.
Here’s how to set it up:
1. Click on the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Press Pay > Continue.
4. Google can make your map independent of your shopping habits. If you need another card, click Add a credit or debit card. If your card is already registered, press its number.
5. Add your address for delivery.
6. From here you can change the settings. Switch to Yes or No to allow Google Assistant to make purchases, verify your identity before you pay, or use your fingerprint to verify your identity. Finally, verify that the card details and your address are correct and click Done.
frequently asked questions
How do I set up my Google Home?
Information on how to…
How do I set up my home speaker?
How do I use the Google Home speaker?
To use Google Home as a speaker, first put it in pairing mode. You can do this in two ways: Say, OK Google, Bluetooth pairing. Open the Google Home app on your smartphone, tap the Google Home device you want to pair, and then select Bluetooth-enabled devices. Select Enable pairing mode from this menu.
how to setup google home mini,how to reset google home mini,how to connect google home to wifi,google home app,how to connect google home mini to wifi,google nest mini,Feedback,Google Home Made Simple: Ov…,Google Home Mini,Google Nest Hub,Google Home Max,See more,Google Nest Mini,Google Nest Hub Max,Sonos Move,how to setup google nest mini,google home setup