In addition to the official announcement of Windows 10 version 21H1, Microsoft today updated the Beta and Release Preview channels for insiders. Version 19042,844 (KB4601382) will be installed in the update 20H2, October 2020.
This version contains the following changes.
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 19042.844 (20H2)
- We have fixed an issue with a memory leak in Internet Explorer 11 that occurred when using the Chinese language pack.
- We fixed a problem with some COM+ call policies that were causing deadlock in some applications.
- We fixed a problem that prevented some Win32 applications from opening if you used runes as another user.
- We have fixed an issue with unexpected screen displays when running the Windows Out of Box (OOBE) experiment.
- We fixed a problem that could cause a deadlock when a COM server sent an event to multiple subscribers in parallel.
- We have fixed an issue in the advanced display settings that were displaying incorrect frame rates for high dynamic range (HDR) displays.
- We have fixed an issue that prevented some CAD applications from opening when based on OpenGL.
- We have fixed an issue that could cause flickering when playing video on some low-latency monitors.
- We have fixed a problem that sometimes prevented strings from being entered in the Input Method Editor (IME).
- We fixed an issue with leaking handles and virtual memory of the Desktop Windows Manager (DWM) in remote desktop sessions.
- Correction of a shutdown error that occurs at startup.
- We have fixed an issue that could slow down the installation of Windows Hello for Business (WHfB) Certificate Trust when you opened the Preferences-> Accounts-> Login Options page.
- We have fixed an issue that sometimes interfered with some keyboard keys, such as Home, Ctrl or the left arrow keys. This problem occurs when you set the Japanese EMI input mode to Kana.
- We have removed the history of previously used photos from the user’s profile.
- We have fixed an issue where the wrong language was displayed on the console after changing the system locale.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) host process to stop when it was forming messages from the PowerShell plug-in.
- We have fixed an issue in the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service that caused a data leak when security settings were applied to WMI namespace permissions.
- We have fixed an issue with the screen display after opening games with certain hardware configurations.
- We have improved start times for applications with roaming settings when user experience virtualization (UE-V) is enabled.
- We fixed an issue where an administrator of a trusted MIT domain could not get a Kerberos service ticket from Active Directory (AD) domain controllers. This occurs on devices that have Windows updates installed that contain CVE-2020-17049 security and have PerfromTicketSignature set to 1 or higher. These updates were published between 10. November 2020 and the 8th. December 2020 published. The ticket entry also terminates with a KRB_GENERIC_ERROR error if the caller provides a ticket without a PAC (TGT) as a proof-of-concept ticket without specifying the USER_NO_AUTH_DATA_REQUIRED flag.
- We fixed a high memory and CPU load in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- We have improved data loss prevention and internal risk management capabilities on Microsoft 365 endpoints.
- We’ve fixed an issue that caused an error to appear when trying to open an untrusted Microsoft Edge web page or an untrusted Microsoft Office document. Wrong: Report WDAG – Container : Error: 0070003, ext error: 0x000001. This issue occurs after installing the KB4565627 .NET update.
- We fixed an issue that prevented wevtutil from parsing the XML file.
- We fixed an issue that did not cause an error message when the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) generated invalid keys of 163 bytes instead of 165 bytes.
- We have added support for using the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as an assigned kiosk access application. You can now also configure the pause key sequence for the individual application terminals. For more information, see Configuring Microsoft Edge Kiosk Mode.
- We fixed a problem with User Datagram Protocol (UDP) broadcast packets that were larger than the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU). Devices that receive these packets reject them because the checksum is invalid.
- Fixed an issue where the WinHTTP AutoProxy service was not matching the value you set for Maximum Lifetime (TTL) in the proxy autoconfiguration (PAC) file. This prevents the cache file from being dynamically updated.
- We improved the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service’s ability to ignore invalid Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Protocol (WPAD) URLs returned by a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.
- We have assigned the correct paper type for envelope printing as the paper type for printing in the universal print queue.
- We have finished assigning any paper size to the printer when using the Microsoft Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) class driver.
- We have provided Windows with updated printing functionality to ensure users have the right set of selectable printing options.
- We have updated the support for drilling and stapling preprinted paper on some printers.
- We have fixed an issue that could result in the IKEEXT service temporarily shutting down.
- We fixed an issue that was causing the Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) device to not enter the correct power state.
- We have fixed an issue that could cause a 7E system shutdown error on servers running the Network File System (NFS) service.
- We have fixed an issue where the user profile service could not reliably detect slow or fast connections.
- We have solved a controversial problem with locking metadata when using work files.
- We have added a new dfslogkey as described below :
- The path of keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/dfslog.
- The RootShareAcquireSuccessEvent field has the following possible values :
- Default value = 1; activates the log.
- Any value other than 1; disables the protocol.
If this key does not exist, it will be created automatically. To take effect, any change to dfslog/RootShareAcquireSuccessEvent in the registry must require a restart of the DFSN service.
- We have updated the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Device Management (DM) synchronization protocol by adding a reason for logging client requests to the server. The reason for registration allows the Mobile Device Management (MDM) department to make better decisions about synchronous sessions. With this change, the OMA-DM service protocol version 4.0 must negotiate with the Windows OMA-DM client.
- We have disabled the token link in Windows Internet (WinINet) by default.
- We fixed an issue that could prevent the display of correct Furigana characters in applications that allow automatic Furigana character import. You may have to enter the furigana symbols manually. This problem occurs when you use Microsoft’s Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) to enter Kanji characters in these applications.
The slow ring, now called the beta chain, reflects the changes that will be included in the next version of the film. Products from this sector operate in a more predictable and stable manner, but are still not intended to be used as primary operating systems.
If you have configured your device to receive updates through the beta channel/delay ring, open Settings – > Updates and Repair and right click Check for updates. Allows you to install the latest available version of Windows 10 Insider Preview.
Vinero is counting a lot on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
Sergei Tkachenko 18. February 2021 on Windows 10.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
windows 10 20h2 vs 2004,kb4598291,windows 10 20h2 download,windows 10 download,windows 8 release date,windows polaris,versions of windows 10,windows 10 features,windows 7 release date,windows 8.1 features pdf,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 version 20h2 download,windows 10 20h2 insider preview download,windows 10 20h2 update,windows 10 20h2 update download,windows 10 20h2 release,windows 10 build 19042 iso,windows 10 20h2 release date,windows 10 20h2 new features