How to fix PC error 1962 in Lenovo computers
A motherboard error might be occurring when a computer is restarting. When a computer is restarted and the motherboards failsafe system is triggered, you get the error 1962.
PC error 1962 is an error message that displays on PC. It is impossible to fix PC error 1962 in Lenovo computers. It’s an error message that displays when PC error 1962 occurs in Lenovo computers. To fix PC error 1962 in Lenovo computers, please follow the instructions below to resolve PC error 1962.
PC errors are becoming more and more frequent. PC error 1962 is one of these errors that can arise when your computer doesn’t boot into Windows. The error may take place on any PC with an Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 processor. The way to fix PC error 1962 is by using the hard drive diagnostic and recovery tool to fix your hard drive.
Ivan Yenik Breakdown expert
With a passion for all things Windows and an innate curiosity, Ivan immersed himself in understanding the operating system, specializing in drivers and solving driver-related problems. If he’s not trapped… Read more
Updated: 25. June 2021.
Published: April 2019
- The error PC 1962 is accompanied by the message No operating system found and occurs most often on Lenovo computers.
- You can use the boot recovery method with boot media. We can help you make one.
- If you start the computer in safe mode, you can also use System Restore.
- Changing the boot priority in the BIOS can also solve this problem quickly, so feel free to try it.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
If you are one of the Lenovo PC users, you have probably encountered the 1962 error that appears when the boot sequence fails and the computer fails to boot.
The 1962 error appears on the affected Lenovo PC with the error message No Operating System Found.
However, Lenovo PC users see the 1962 error at irregular intervals, sometimes within 2-3 days or after a 2-3 hour time interval.
The problem and consequences of the error also vary from one Lenovo PC to another; some users reported that they could access their PC’s BIOS, while others who did access the BIOS could not see their hard drive.
Sometimes users have to wait for hours for their Lenovo PC to boot up normally, which is annoying.
The 1962 error can be caused by a faulty hard drive, incorrect booting of Windows, boot errors and incorrect BIOS settings. Below are some applicable solutions to the 1962 error problem.
How to fix the 1962 error on Lenovo computers
- Start recovery
- Start system recovery in safe mode
- Changing the boot priority in the BIOS
- Replace the hard disk drive (HDD)
1. Performing reboot recovery (Windows 10)
- You need to create bootable rescue media first. If you don’t know how to do this, follow the link below for our instructions.
- Insert the USB stick or bootable DVD and start Windows from the stick.
- In the Windows Control Panel, select the language to be installed, the time and currency format, and the keyboard or input method.
- Then click on Repair Computer and select Troubleshooting.
- Click on Advanced Options, select Auto Repair, and then select Operating System.
- Once the recovery process is complete, follow the instructions to restart your Windows PC.
You can run boot repair to fix the 1962 error. The boot process may be corrupted due to irregularities during Windows installation.
Before you begin your boot recovery, you need to create a bootable Windows USB or DVD drive. Follow the steps above to perform a boot repair.
2. Perform system recovery in safe mode
- Press the power switch until the PC turns off, then press again to turn the PC on.
- Navigate to the Run in Safe Mode option and press Enter.
- Go to Start, type Create Restore Point, and then click on the application in the results.
- Select the System Protection tab, and then click System Restore.
- All you have to do is select the recommended restore point or choose another restore point and click Next.
- Confirm your choice, wait for the process to complete, then reboot.
Performing system restore can also solve the error problem on your Windows computer. Safe Mode is a Windows diagnostic mode that boots your computer so that only basic files and drivers are run.
However, you can perform a system restore in safe mode to return to a specific restore point without getting an error message at startup.
Message: Make sure you can determine the date of the restore point before the error message appears. System Restore will not affect your files, documents or personal data.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems.
Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components.
So you can use modern software that does it for you. This professional utility can optimize your computer by performing a thorough registry cleaning and malware removal.
Restoring the system to a previous state can solve a number of system problems. An easier way to safely restore your system is to use a specialized program that will do all the work for you.
Restoro automatically scans your PC for problematic files and replaces all critical Windows system files that are malfunctioning with earlier versions that work perfectly…..
You can learn how to do that here:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Start the application.
- Wait until the system finds stability problems.
- Press the Start repair button.
- Restart the computer so that all changes take effect.
The built-in system restore utility restores your Windows to a previous version. This means that you may lose valuable data that was backed up after the restore point was created. You can restore your system to its pre-repair state at any time.
⇒ Get Restoro
Denial: The program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
3. Change boot priority in BIOS
- If you receive the message Error 1962 : If no operating system is found, press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart the computer.
- Press the F12 key several times during booting to start the BIOS setup.
- When the settings window appears, press the Enter key.
- Click on the Boot tab, select CSM and press Enter.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Find Boot Priority and press Enter.
- Change the current Legacy First option to UEFI First.
- Therefore, press the F10 key and select YES, and then wait for the computer to restart.
Another cause of the 1962 error problem is incorrect BIOS settings. You need to solve this problem by changing the boot priority.
Follow the above procedure to change the boot priority. After the computer is restarted, the error message disappears.
4. Replace the hard disk drive (HDD)
Finally, this is not the best solution, but if other solutions have not worked, you should consider replacing your computer’s hard drive because it may be defective.
You can remove the hard drive, plug it into another PC to access the files and folders on it, and see if it boots from the hard drive.
However, if your new computer doesn’t recognize your hard drive and can’t access it, you’ll probably have to replace it with a new one.
However, if the PC can detect and access the hard drive, a faulty SATA cable is probably the cause of the failure.
The SATA cable connects the hard drive to the motherboard; we strongly recommend replacing the cable with a new one. A professional computer technician can perform the replacement.
In summary, these solutions are highly recommended to fix the 1962 No Operating System Found error.
If nothing works, you can also look at the best Windows 10 boot recovery tools to save your computer and make everything normal again.
Comment below if you have any questions about the bug or other possible solutions.
Is there a problem? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Was this page helpful? 622
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionLenovo laptops have been known to have a bad habit of randomly freezing, displaying the white screen of death and not allowing the user to turn off the PC. Recently, it has been found that the problem is caused by the system BIOS (basic input/output system) and a BIOS update can fix the error. Many have assumed that this is the Lenovo’s (private) fault, and a reason to not purchase Lenovo laptops. However, Lenovo admitted that the problem is a system BIOS issue and has rolled out BIOS updates for this specific problem.. Read more about error 1962: no operating system found display and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error 1962 on my Lenovo computer?
One of the Lenovo laptops we work on here at Embedded Technologies, a few weeks ago, I came across yet another error 1822 on my PC. Many people will have already tried running a defrag and/or repair tool but I wanted to do something a bit more drastic. I decided to run the Windows SFC (system file checker) which uses the tools from System File Checker (SFC) and First Command Line Interface (FCLI). The problem with SFC and FCLI is that they might cause damage to your data and might not work with all system files. I did these steps with the system still running and only did the steps I needed. So the SFC and FCLI are very risky and should Error 1962 is a common PC error code, short for “system file check failure” and it is usually caused by a damaged or missing system file. What is a system file? A system file is a file that is needed to run programs or perform certain functions within the system. For example, the file that opens the Windows Start menu is a system file.
What does error 1962 mean on a Lenovo computer?
Error 1962 is a serious error message that pops up on a PC and it means the user pc is not working properly. At first glance, the error message appears harmless, but if you are a tech savvy, you will know that it is not, as it is presenting you with a serious error. If you experience the error message, it is very important to fix it immediately before the situation turns worse. Among the list of official Lenovo error codes is a cryptic entry called “Error 1962”. Mostly, people ignore this error code and assume it has something to do with a BIOS update, or maybe a virus. But it’s actually a way to get your system to not boot Windows. Instead, it reboots to a special recovery console, which can be used to reset the operating system.
What is the boot key for Lenovo laptop?
The most common PC error message seen by Lenovo users is “PC Error 1962” which means the computer failed to boot operating system. “PC Error 1962” is a Lenovo Error Code, which means the computer does not boot correctly or the operating system could not be installed to the hard drive or other components. Lenovo has a rich history in building quality laptops, and it is still one of the most popular brands today. Lenovo has made several products in the past that have not been very popular due to their low-quality goods, but they have also made some very good products. For example, the ThinkPad line of laptops is still considered to be one of the best out there, but the Z
lenovo error boot sequencelenovo error 1962 bioserror 1962 lenovo no operating systemerror 1962 redditfreenas error 1962lenovo error 1962 boot sequence will automatically repeat,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,lenovo error 1962 boot sequence will automatically repeat,lenovo error boot sequence,lenovo error 1962 bios,error 1962 lenovo no operating system,error 1962: no operating system found display,error 1962: no operating system found ubuntu,error 1962 reddit,freenas error 1962