AutoIt is a popular Windows scripting language that allows coders to create macros and small programs to automate repetitive tasks on their PC. AutoIt is free, but it is sometimes prone to bugs. If you’ve ever used AutoIt and gotten an error that looks like this: “ (AutoIt v18.104.22.168) (0) : File not found. ” when running one of your scripts, don’t panic. You can fix the AutoIt error “ (AutoIt v22.214.171.124) (0) : File not found ” by following the instructions below.
AutoIt is a freeware automation language that is widely used in the software development industry. It was developed to simplify the process of automating the Windows GUI and has evolved into a powerful development tool. AutoIt is a BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages. AutoIt is also usable as a general purpose scripting language, and functions are available to implement complex mathematical calculations, text processing, etc. The AutoHotkey script engine is used to implement the functionality of AutoIt v3 and later.
How do I fix an AutoIt error?
1. Performing a malware scan
The AutoIt error is often caused by malware called Veronica. So, if you need to fix this problem, it is not unreasonable to run a Malwarebytes scan. Malwarebytes is one of the highest rated programs for detecting and removing malware.
The full version of Malwarebytes Premium offers real-time malware detection, plus a scanning utility that allows users to perform manual scans. This software can free your computer from worms, rootkits, trojans, ransomware and viruses.
Other Malwarebytes Features
- Users can choose between the Light and Dark alternative themes.
- Malwarebytes enables Play mode to exclude notifications from games.
- The Malwarebytes Authorization List feature allows users to add software exceptions.
- This software also blocks suspicious websites
Remove all malware and fix malware errors with Malwarebytes.
2. Editing the register
- First, open the Run program by right-clicking the Start button and selecting it from the menu.
- In the window that opens, type the following command: regedit.
- Click OK to open the registry editor.
- In the Registry Editor window, click File. Select the Export option to open the window shown in the following screenshot.
- Enter the file name of the registry backup.
- Choose a location for the registry backup file.
- Click on the Save button.
- Open this path to the registry key : HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun
- Then find these REG_SZ lines in the Run registry key: AdobeFlash, Windows Update, Adobe Update and Google Chrome. Right click on all these REG_SZ rows and select Delete to remove them.
- Then open this key in the registry editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun
- Repeat step 9 for the LOCAL_MACHINE runtime key you just opened.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer to see if the problem persists.
After you make these changes, the AutoIt error should disappear.
Message: REG_SZ lines above contain autoit3.exe, windowsupdate.lnk, googleupdate.a3x or googleupdate.lnk in their data paths. By entering these data path keywords in the Registry Editor search tool, you should also find the REG_SZ rules that need to be removed.
3. Delete AutoIt
- Open the Run window.
- Type this command Programs and Features in Run: appwiz.cpl
- Then select AutoIt from the list.
- Select the option to remove AutoIt.
- Choose Yes when a confirmation question appears.
- Restart your desktop or laptop computer after removing AutoIt.
You can uninstall AutoIt and remove the remaining files and registry entries more thoroughly with the help of third-party uninstallers.
⇒ IObit Uninstaller
4. Remove AutoIt scripts from the startup process
- Downloading Autoruns.
- Unzip it, find the executable file and run it as an administrator.
- Now enter autoit3 in the Filter field.
- Find AutoIt, right click on it and select Uninstall.
You can remove AutoIt scripts from Windows startup with Autoruns. It is one of the most detailed boot monitoring tools for Windows. With this tool, you should be able to fix the AutoIt 0 line error when opening the file.
⇒ Get autoloading
5. Resetting Windows 10
- Open the Settings application and go to Update & Security.
- Select Restore in the left pane. In the right pane, under Reset this PC, click Start operation.
- Choose an option to save the files and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once the process is complete, you will have a new Windows installation ready to use.
Note that resetting to factory defaults will remove installed applications, so you will need to reinstall them.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about autoit error handling and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Aut2Exe error?
Sometimes when you are trying to run a script in AutoIt, you will receive the following error message: Error: The parameter is incorrect. When you see this error message, it usually means that the script you are trying to run is missing an exe file or a dll file. AutoIt will attempt to load the missing files with this name from the directory where the script is located, but sometimes, AutoIt can’t find the file. You can avoid this error by not missing any files when you are compressing a script. Understanding what Aut2exe error is, how it affects your computer and how to fix it is important for anyone who uses their computer for any amount of time. Aut2exe error is a common error that occurs due to a number of different factors, including most commonly a virus or malware. Regardless of the cause of your Aut2exe error, it is important to fix it soon, as it can cause serious problems with your computer. If you are a gamer or use the internet a lot, it is also important that this problem is taken care of right away, as it is a common error for programs to fail to launch, creating issues with everything from starting your computer to playing games.
How do I uninstall AutoIt?
Although AutoIt is a scripting language, it cannot be executed directly. It is used in conjunction with another program, which “hosts” the script. The host is the program that runs the AutoIt script. Programs that can host AutoIt scripts includes: – WordPad – Notepad – Microsoft Paint – Microsoft Excel – Adobe Photoshop – Internet Explorer and other web browsers – AutoCAD – Visual Basic – Microsoft Office – Internet messaging programs (such as MSN Messenger) – IRC clients – And many more… AutoIt is a professional scripting language for automating Windows GUI and desktop applications. It’s also a great tool for the Windows gamer. AutoIt is built to automate tasks in a way that’s easy to learn and use, but also has the ability to manipulate Windows API and other low-level functions when you need to. Here’s how to get rid of it!
autoit error fixautoit error line 0 (file c:users)autoit error handlingautoit error line 0 windows 10autoit error windows 7autoit error line 886,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,autoit error fix,autoit error unable to open the script file,autoit error line 0 (file c:users),autoit error handling,autoit error line 0 windows 10,autoit error windows 7,autoit error line 886,autoit error opening the file