Isn’t it annoying if Bing is your standard search engine? You can now remove them and replace them with something much better, like Google, Yahoo! or even Ecosia (if you feel a little generous). Remember, this doesn’t show you how to remove Bing. There’s really no way to do this when it’s displayed on your computer. The following simple steps will show you how to get rid of this data on three different platforms. You don’t have to worry about changing search engine anymore!
Before you start, please note that some web browsers by default ask you to find your favorite search engine before you install it. This means that you need to open your favorite search engine on Chrome or IE, or whatever you turn on to make the conversion really work. However, this doesn’t apply to all web browsers, so don’t worry if you miss this step. But let your web browser recognize a search engine only for security reasons:
- Open Chrome, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- In the Address field, enter the search engine you want to use (Google, Ecosia, etc.).
- From there, follow the method that applies to you below.
See also : How to restore Chrome to its default settings
Leg removal on chromium
- First open Google Chrome on your device. In the upper right corner you’ll see a vertical ellipse (three consecutive points). Click on it and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Appearance from the left menu. Scroll down until you see the search system options.
- Select your favorite search engine from the search engine used in the address bar. Under Bing you can get options for Google, Yahoo!, DuckDuckGo and Ecosia. Take your pick.
- If the search engine you are looking for is not in the list, go to the option below, which is the search engine management. Click on Add there and enter what you want.
- In the same menu, click on the ellipse next to the Bing URL. Of the three options, click Remove from the list.
- Click Back to view the settings again. Go to Start in the left menu. If bing is under Open a specific page or set of pages, go to the same ellipse as before and click Delete. They’ve officially gotten rid of Bing on Chrome.
Clear Bing in Internet Explorer
Remove Bing from Internet Explorer (IE)
- Start Internet Explorer and tap Tools > Manage Add-ons.
- Search for suppliers in the menu on the left. You should see bing and Google in the order of your list. Click on Google and select Set as default.
- Finally, click on Bing and select Delete. They’ve officially gotten rid of Bing in Internet Explorer.
RemovingBing on Microsoft Edge
To remove Bing on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and go to Google. Click on the ellipse (three consecutive points) in the upper right corner.
- In the left menu under General, select Privacy and Security. In the default browser, click Change My Default Settings. In the Edit search engine section, select Google and click Set as Default. You managed to get Bing off Microsoft Edge.
There you go! Simple steps to eliminate Bing in your web browser. For Chrome it’s just a bit complicated (I mean it has more steps), but in general you shouldn’t have any problems switching search engines!