In Windows 10, we all have the option to unblock Microsoft Store, however, every time we unblock it, it gets automatically disabled again. And we lose access to our Microsoft Store apps, paid and free. Fortunately, there is a way to ensure that Microsoft Store remains enabled permanently.
Microsoft Store is a very useful tool for users but if you are located in some regions like China, Russia, United States or others and unable to install it, then don’t worry. You can use this workaround to unblock Microsoft Store and install it on your Windows 10. Follow the steps below to download and install it on your Windows 10.
When you run into a situation where you are not able to access a website you want, you often wonder why you cant go there. The answer to this question is that you might be in a network area where you will find an error message preventing you from accessing a site. So, if you can’t access a site or app in your computer, you are facing an issue with network security settings for that website in Windows 10. There are a number of ways to unblock Microsoft Store in Windows 10 depending as per the type of computer you are using.. Read more about microsoft store has been blocked by your system administrator and let us know what you think.
Matthew AdamsWindow of Windows and software
Matthew is a freelancer and has written numerous articles on various technology-related topics. His main specialization is the Windows operating system and everything related to it. He’s passionate about… Read more
Updated: 24. June 2021.
Published: March 2019
- If Microsoft Store is blocked, you cannot find or download applications.
- This problem can have several causes, for example an administrator block or a problem with the application’s cache.
- A troubleshooter can fix things quickly, so give it a try.
- You can also try activating the application in the Group Policy Editor to get it working again.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Some users have reported in forum posts that the Microsoft Store is blocked, and others have also received error code 00704ec when trying to access the app.
This problem can be caused by many factors. Your system administrator can use the application. for example. through a group policy or by modifying the registry.
Another possible reason is that a program is blocking the application. Your antivirus program may also be at fault.
In any case, we offer all possible solutions to solve Microsoft Store is blocked and you will find a solution quickly.
How do I fix Microsoft Store if it is locked?
1. Troubleshooting Windows Store application opening
- Type troubleshooter in the Windows search function and select Troubleshooting Settings from the results.
- In the right pane, click on Advanced Troubleshooting Tools.
- Select Windows Store Apps and click Run Troubleshooter.
- Users can then use the solutions provided in the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
- Perform all other necessary troubleshooting steps.
Try opening the Windows Store app troubleshooter in Windows 10 first. This troubleshooting tool can solve all kinds of problems with UWP applications.
Follow the instructions above to access the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
2. Clear Microsoft Store Cache
- The reset will take a few settings, then the store will be open again.
The Microsoft Store blocking issue may be due to a corruption of the MS Store cache.
Users can restore this cache by deleting it. This is very easy to do if you follow the simple steps above.
3. Enabling the Microsoft Store in the Group Policy Editor
- Follow this path in the left sidebar: Computer configurationAdministrative templatesWindows componentsStorage
- In the right pane, look for the Disable Store Applications policy.
- Right click on it and select Edit.
- If enabled, change the setting to Not configured or Disabled, then press Apply and OK.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect, then reopen the Store application.
If you receive a message from Microsoft Store that this application is blocked due to company policies, you can also use the Expert Guide to unblock the application through Group Policy.
If you have the Microsoft Store, it’s locked. Contact your system administrator or Microsoft Store This application is blocked by your system administrator, the steps above will help you resolve the issue.
We also have another good guide to help you if an administrator has blocked a program on your PC.
4. Resetting the Microsoft Store application
- Find the Microsoft Store application, click it, and then select Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down and press the Reset button. Note that this will remove all application data, preferences and login information.
Resetting the Microsoft Store essentially deletes all data, which is tantamount to reinstalling the system from scratch.
However, if you get the Microsoft Store code is blocked: 00704ec in Windows 10, you can also read our full guide on how to fix all Microsoft Store error codes.
5. Try using a different user account
- Press the Start button and select Settings.
- Select Accounts and click on Family and other users.
- Select the option Add another person to this PC.
- Click I don’t have this person’s registration details.
- and the option Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Then enter the required account information in the text boxes and click Next.
- Restart Windows after setting up the new account.
- Log in to a new user account.
If you have another account to log into, try uploading under that account. The application can start normally in another account.
In addition, users can create a new account. The above steps will help you set up your new Windows 10 account.
6. Checking for Windows 10 updates
- Click Check for updates.
- Click Install Now if there are updates available.
Some users have confirmed that Windows updates have fixed the bug. It can therefore be useful to check for and install updates.
7. Disable third-party antivirus software
Third-party antivirus software can also be the cause of Microsoft Store lockup error. To avoid this, disable third-party antivirus programs.
In the system tray, to the right of the Windows 10 taskbar, there are icons of antivirus programs that users can right-click to open context menu items for the installed software.
These pop-up menus usually include a disable option that the user can select to disable the antivirus programs.
These fixes may fix the error for some users, and allow them to use the Microsoft Store again.
If the application still doesn’t work, you can check out our article on other current Microsoft Store fixes.
If you have any other questions or tips, please let us know.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionMicrosoft has made its Windows Store available worldwide, and Windows 10 is now the most popular version of Windows. But for some countries, like China, the Windows Store is blocked. In this guide, we will show you how to unblock the Microsoft Store in Windows 10.. Read more about enable microsoft store windows 10 registry and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the Microsoft store is blocked?
At first glance, the Microsoft store seems like the perfect place to shop for your favorite apps, games, and even movies. But lately, it has become difficult to add the store to your home screen, and you cannot even download apps or games anymore. That is because there is a Microsoft Store app on your PC, which is blocking the Store. How to unblock Microsoft Store in Windows 10? How do I fix the Microsoft store is blocked? I’m pretty sure this question has been asked by millions of people around the world. I’ve been using Windows since more than a decade now and I’ve never had this problem. It could be due to corporate matters at work, the blocked stores are due to anti-virus issues or the internet security settings of your Firewall.
How do I enable the Microsoft store in Windows 10?
Microsoft is one of the top software companies out there and for a good reason: they are always pushing the boundaries. The Windows Store is one of the areas where Microsoft is pushing the envelope with its latest Windows 10 operating system. Although it is possible to enable the store in your Windows 10, it is not easy to do it. When you have missed out on its convenience, it is painful to access it from the Windows 10 Settings. Microsoft recently announced their latest mobile operating system, Windows 10. The operating system is exclusively available for PCs for the time being. However, the company has made it possible for Windows 10 users to download and install the Microsoft Store, which contains all the apps that Windows 10 users can download from the Windows Store.
Why my Microsoft Store is blocked?
Recently my Microsoft Store was blocked. The store webpage still does not work and the app itself still works. However, when I try to open the store app, it tells me that I am not allowed to access the store. The only way to unblock it is to remove the store from the list of approved apps in the Windows 10 Settings app, but I need to do this from a computer, not a phone. If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve tried to visit the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, and seen the following error message in the browser tab: “This website is unavailable.
Feedback,enable microsoft store windows 10 registryenable microsoft store windows 10 powershelldisable microsoft store windows 10 registrymicrosoft store downloadmicrosoft store has been blocked by your system administratorhow to activate microsoft store in windows 10,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,microsoft store has been blocked by your system administrator,how to activate microsoft store in windows 10,how to unblock microsoft store without admin,microsoft store this app has been blocked by your system administrator,enable microsoft store windows 10 registry,enable microsoft store windows 10 powershell,disable microsoft store windows 10 registry,microsoft store download