It’s not that uncommon to use a computer that has a speakerphone system that only outputs a certain amount of volume. If all you want is to be able to hear someone while you’re on the phone, you can crank up the system to 100% and it will work fine. But, what about a speaker system that allows you to hear your music at a higher volume than 100%? The answer is simple. While it’s not easy, here’s what you need to do:
Windows 10 has many settings that adjust the sound the system makes, and this can be useful for adjusting the volume of your computer to meet your needs. However, if you still don’t like the sound on your computer, you can actually increase the volume beyond 100%. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to do just that.
If you’re a heavy laptop user and would like to increase the volume beyond 100%, you can do so in Windows 10 with a quick registry tweak. Right-click on the volume icon in the taskbar and select “Properties”. In the “Audio” tab, tick the “Advanced” box and you should be able to increase the volume through the “Volume” slider.
Matthew Adams. Windows and software expert Matthew is a freelancer and has written numerous articles on various technology-related topics. His main specialization is the Windows operating system and everything related to it. He’s passionate about… Read more Updated: 26. May 2021 Published: June 2020
- There are many ways to increase the volume of your laptop, for example. B. with a set of speakers.
- Software to improve the sound can also help, so try our recommendation.
- You can also use a popular video player that has this feature in its default settings.
- There is also a browser extension that allows you to increase the volume of sounds on the Internet.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix: This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Laptops are usually not equipped with external speakers, so the maximum volume is somewhat limited. However, you don’t need to add new speakers to boost your laptop’s sound by more than 100%. Windows already has several settings you can choose from to raise the sound of your laptop or desktop slightly above the default maximum level. There are also many third-party programs that can increase the volume by up to 500%.
How do I raise my laptop’s volume beyond the maximum volume?
1. Add Boom 3D Sound Booster to Windows
This tool is an excellent sound amplifier that allows you to experiment with sound on your laptop or Windows PC as you like. Boom 3D has a wonderful equalizer with some well made presets that you can use, or create your own preset from scratch. If you create your own preset, you can increase the volume of your laptop to 100%. While many players or programs simply boost all frequencies, Boom 3D lets you gently increase the volume without damaging your speakers or headphones. The sound will be clear and the frequencies will not interfere with each other. Moreover, you can add sound effects that allow you to increase the volume of your laptop by more than 100% without the sound becoming too loud.
Amplify and improve the sound with Boom 3D EQ software.
2. Selecting the volume equalizer in Windows
- Right-click the volume icon in the system tray and select Open Sound Settings.
- Select Audio Control Panel.
- Click on Speaker and select the Properties button.
- In the Speaker Properties window, select the Enrichment tab.
- Check the Loudness Equalizer box on the Enhancement tab.
- Click Apply and OK to close the window.
First check the sound sequencer option in Windows. If you select this option, the volume will be slightly higher than the default maximum for computers with Realtek audio drivers. If the volume of Windows 10 is too low, you can read this guide to solve the problem. Update: It seems that Microsoft has removed the loudness equalizer from the sound settings. For more information on this topic, see this article. If you are using the latest version of Windows 10 and cannot access the volume equalizer, check out the following solutions.
3. Adjusting the volume bars on video pages
Video pages on YouTube and similar sites usually have volume controls. The sound of a YouTube video may not match the volume selected in Windows if the slider is further to the left in the volume bar. You can adjust the volume of a YouTube video by hovering over the speaker icon, as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Add VLC Media Player to Windows
- On the VLC home page, click Download VLC to register the Windows Media Player Setup Wizard.
- Open the VLC installation wizard to install the software.
- Then open the VLC window.
- On the Tools menu, select Preferences. You can also press Ctrl + P to open the VLC settings window.
- Select the All radio button in the lower left corner of the Interface settings tab.
- Enter the maximum length of the search term in the search field.
- Click Qt to open more settings for the Qt interface.
- Enter 300 in the Maximum Displayed Volume text box.
- Click Save to apply the new setting.
- Close VLC Media Player and open it again to restart the program.
- The bandwidth of the VLC volume is now increased to 300% instead of 125%.
In the free media player VLC, the default volume is 125% for videos and music. For example, video and music playback in VLC is 25% higher than the maximum volume in Windows. You can also increase VLC’s volume to 300% by changing one of its program settings as described above. If VLC is slow on Windows 10, run it properly by following the steps in this helpful article.
5. Add Volume Booster extension to Chrome
- Open this webpage and click the green button to add the extension to Chrome and restart your browser.
- You can then click the Volume Booster button in the Chrome toolbar to boost the sound.
- Click the Off button to reset the browser to its original volume.
- Soon you will be able to install Chrome extensions on Edge. If you want to know when and how this will happen, read this article.
Google Chrome users can boost the sound with the Volume Booster extension. The developer of the extension claims that Volume Booster increases the volume up to four times its original value.
6. Other ways to increase laptop volume
Using a speaker system Using a pair of speakers increases the sound by more than 100 decibels. So if you want to listen to music or movies louder, this is ideal. And if you’re wondering which speakers to buy, we have a great list of the best smart speakers that you can even control with your voice. Using an amplifier If you don’t like the noise of some speakers, you can use one of the best headphone amplifiers to turn up the volume but keep the sound to yourself. There are relatively small devices that can be plugged into the headphone jack of your laptop and increase the output level of your headphones. Some even improve the sound considerably. For example, you can increase the volume in Windows by just over 100% by using the Loudness Equalizer, VLC media player, Volume Booster and Sound Booster option. You can also increase the volume by installing third-party equalizers, such as. B. APO equalizer. In any case, remember that the solutions listed above cover all the topics you might be interested in:
- Volume Booster for Windows 10 – Increasing the volume on Windows 10 is no longer a dream. You can easily achieve this with the Boom 3D sound amplifier.
- How do I turn up the sound of my laptop? – To improve the sound of your laptop for all movies and audio books, just follow the tips above.
- Louder in Windows 10 – If you want to increase the volume in Windows 10, you can adjust the volume bars or add VLC Media Player.
- Sound Booster for Laptop – To increase the maximum volume of your laptop, Letasoft Sound Booster is always the best choice.
If you have any other suggestions or tips, please let us know in the comments section below. Frequently asked questions Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionI frequently need to boost the volume of my audio on the go. I don’t want to have to rely on the built-in sound in my laptop, or even use headphones. Sometimes the built-in speakers are not loud enough and I find myself constantly having to adjust the volume, or even turn the laptop off to get a bit of privacy.. Read more about how to make laptop speakers louder windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I increase the volume on my laptop beyond Windows 10?
When you want to increase the volume of your laptop beyond what Windows 10 provides, it could be a bit of a hassle. If you are a Windows 10 user then all you need to do is to follow the steps below. I hear you loud and clear. You need to be able to hear me over those other work sounds, but the problem is you don’t want to blow out all of your speakers. The good news is there’s an easy way to increase the volume on your laptop beyond 100%. All you have to do is open the volume mixer panel from the bottom right of your screen, then select the slider that looks like a speaker. The slider will change from 100% volume to some pretty high levels.
How do I increase volume on my computer over 100 Windows 10?
Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system has a feature called the Volume Mixer, which allows users to change the sound output based on the applications they’re running. You can use this feature to enable a custom volume setting that is higher than 100% to increase the volume of your computer. This is is a how-to guide on increasing the volume on a Windows 10 computer beyond 100%. If you have a laptop (or other computer) where the volume is extremely low, or you just want to increase the overall volume, this should help.
How do I increase the volume on my laptop beyond Max?
This text is sensitive. Click edit and regenerate for new copy. For a lot of us, the number one question we’re asked when we meet new people is, “How do you use your computer?”
Feedback,how to increase laptop volume beyond maximum,increase laptop volume windows 10,how to make headphones louder windows 10 2020,how to make laptop speakers louder windows 10,how to increase volume on hp laptop windows 10,how to increase volume on dell laptop windows 10,how to increase volume on asus laptop windows 10,how to increase volume on laptop windows 7