If you are a Sky TV user, you probably know what the Sky Go app is and how to use it on your Android device.
Watching live and on-demand video content directly from your smartphone or Android tablet is sometimes the best you could wish for, especially if the TV is used by children.
Sky Go lets you receive, stream or even download your favorite channels directly to your mobile device for later viewing.
But what if Sky Go doesn’t work on your Android device? This happens to many Android users who have reported that the application does not work on their device or that the application only displays a blank screen.
If you’re in a similar situation, let’s look at the simplest steps to fix Sky Go.
What should I do if the Sky Go application does not work on my Android device?
Some simple tests
- A valid Sky TV subscription is required to access the Sky Go application.
- The Sky go application is only available for users in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It has also been available in some EU regions since April 2018.
- Make sure the Sky Go application is compatible with your Android device.
- Check if you have Internet access with your mobile device and if there are restrictions on video streaming by your mobile provider.
- Make sure the application is updated to the latest version.
Clear Sky Go– Cache
- On your Android device, go to Settings. You can do this via the Notification drop-down menu or via your application field.
- Then click on Apps & Notifications.
- At the bottom of the screen, press Show all requests.
- You will now see the complete list of all your requests. Find the Sky Go app, and when you do, tap it.
- Now choose Save.
- You see two options: Empty and clean the lid. Click on the cleaning cache
After clearing the cache, go back to your home screen or application tray and try to open the Sky Go application. If it still does not work, follow the same steps, this time select CLEAR STORAGE and confirm with OK.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Sky Go
- There are several ways to uninstall the application on Android. The easiest way is to find the Sky Go application on your home screen or in your application drawer, touch it, hold it and then drag it to the top right corner of the trash can called Delete. You can do the same by going to Google Play Store > Settings > My Applications and Games > Installed > Search and Click Sky Go > Delete.
- Restart the device after removing the application.
- After restarting your device, go to the Google Play Store.
- In the Google Play Store, the search window of the application and the game appears in the middle of the screen. Click on it.
- Your virtual keyboard should appear now. Type sky go and click on the search icon in the lower right corner.
- Now find the Sky Go application, touch it and select Install.
- Wait for the process to complete and select Open.
Once you’ve done that, the Sky Go application should work without any problems. Now you can enjoy your favorite content on the go.
Please note that some of your devices may not be Sky Go compatible due to software and hardware limitations. If this is the case, these solutions do not apply to your device.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments field below.
sky app,my sky app