Microsoft today released the first Insider Preview version of Windows 10 this year. This is Windows 10, version 21286, and contains a number of new features. The most noticeable change is the Messages and Interests button in the taskbar.
The construction comes from RS_PRERELEASE and is available on the development channel.
It includes the following changes.
What’s new in Windows 10 Construction 21286
Messages and interest in the taskbar
Microsoft has added a new button that opens a pop-up page, similar to a new tab in the Edge browser. The content is a new weather channel that is dynamically updated throughout the day.
The company sees this solution as a viable alternative to information applications, websites and smartphone applications, because it provides one-click access to relevant information, without opening anything unnecessary and without going through a mobile device. This is the official announcement:
- Stick to the lesson: Quickly check your messages and interests in the taskbar. Stay up to date with the latest news, weather, sports and much more, and then go back to what you were doing without interrupting your work. You’ll have easy access to news and interesting content from over 4,500 global brands such as The New York Times, BBC and The Verge, as well as great live viewing guides. Select an article to open a simplified reading experience with fewer distractions, saving you time and distractions.
- Adjust your channel: You can let us know which content you like or dislike (choose More Choices…. and select More Stories like this or Less Stories like this), and over time more stories will appear in your feed on topics you find important, including those you might otherwise have missed. You can also use the emoji to reply to messages.
- You’re in control: At Microsoft, we believe that privacy begins with giving you control and the tools and information you need to make informed decisions. With Messages and Interests you have quick access to the Microsoft Privacypanel. The Microsoft Edge browser has built-in controls to limit tracking by advertisers and third parties. And if you’re not interested in news and interests, you can easily turn them off by right-clicking on the taskbar.
This feature is currently only available for Windows insiders in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and India. This is an experimental function, so it may look different on some devices.
Options for backing up memory locations in the settings
Microsoft has added storage options in the settings. You no longer need to use the classic Control Panel applet to create storage pools, add and remove disks and optimize pools.
WSLnow supportsstart commands
The /etc/wsl.conf file of the WSL Linux distribution now supports a new option called command in the boot section. This command is executed every time you start this specific distribution.
This command is executed the first time the WSL distribution is started. WSL distributions continue to run for a few minutes even after the last Linux process they contain has been completed. You can see if your WSL distribution works with wsl –list –verbose, and you can manually stop all WSL distributions with wsl – shutdown.
Improved time zone change
- When your time zone is updated due to a change of location detected with a high degree of certainty, Windows 10 displays a notification to notify you. The message contains information about the new time zone and clicking on it opens the date and time settings.
- If the operating system detects a low-security location change and an administrator is present on the device, you will see a message asking if you want to update your time zone – if you click OK when prompted, the change will be implemented.
Corrections and known problems in construction 21286
- We have solved an issue that caused some insiders to see a popup that said your PC had experienced a problem and restarted 1 minute after logging into Windows with an Azure Active Directory or Active Directory account on build 21277.
- We fixed an issue where no disk was displayed under Settings > System > Storage > Disk and Disk Manager.
- We solved an issue that caused some printers to get stuck when adding settings.
- We have solved a problem that can cause applications and websites to stop unexpectedly after rebooting your PC.
- We have solved an issue where the Windows security icon sometimes unexpectedly zoomed into the context menu when right-clicking the taskbar icons.
- We have solved a problem that may cause MediaTranscoder to block when transcoding certain files.
- We solved an issue that prevented the audio playback of UWP applications from deflecting after tapping the microphone icon to hear Cortana.
- We have resolved an issue that may cause the VPN items in the network pop-up window to remain on Action Required until you click Cancel and reconnect.
- We solved an issue that affected the targeting of touch-input windows.
- We have made some corrections to the backlink based emoji search results, including adding a new keyword, so that typing lgbtq now produces a rainbow flag for emoji. Keep giving us feedback in the feedback center under Login and Language > Emoji Panel.
- We’ve fixed a problem that could cause the magnifier options to gray unexpectedly.
- We have solved an issue where the Make Narrator Better button was disabled in the Storyteller settings for insiders.
- We have solved the problem so that the speaker now reads the contents of the Excel cell if the verbs have the value 2.
- We have solved a problem where the narrator may not indicate whether the combo-box is in an extended or collapsed state.
- We corrected a problem that affected the speaker’s ability to read the names of some hyperlinks on websites in Microsoft Edge.
- We solved an issue that affected the speaker’s ability to read code windows in Visual Studio.
- We have solved an issue for high-contrast users that can lead to the loss of settings when entering ease of access.
- We are working on solving a problem reported by Insiders that some games, such as State of Decay 2 or Assassin’s Creed, may freeze or crash at launch.
- We’re investigating a problem where Call of Duty: Modern warfare and the call to duty: The Black Drivers Cold War is not allowed to start this assembly. If you are playing these games, you must stop the update until the problem is resolved.
- After adjusting the size of some application windows, you may have problems with the display/graph. If you minimize and reopen all application windows, the problem is solved (press the Windows plus D button twice).
- We are investigating a problem where some 32-bit systems could lose their network connection after the approval of this construction. If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, you should stop the upgrade until the problem is resolved.
- If you start the Xbox Game Bar from the Start menu or press Windows + G while using a text editor, the computer does not seem to respond. If this is the case, release the Xbox GameBar with WIN + G and complete the GameBar.exe process via the Task Manager.
- Miracast users can benefit from a very low frame rate in this building.
- We examine reports that, starting with build 21277, where explorer.exe / Windows Shell crashes and/or crashes.
- We follow the messages that the update process has been suspended for a long time when trying to install a new version.
- Aero Shake is disabled in this building. To activate it, go to the registry editor and create a new DWORD item called DisallowShaking with a value of 0 : HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced
- Live preview of pinned pages is not yet enabled for all insiders, so you can see a gray window when you hover the mouse over the thumbnail in the taskbar. We continue to work on improving this experience.
- We are working on a new taskbar for existing pricked pages. At the same time, you can print the page from the taskbar, remove it from the page border://apps, and then reprint the page.
- News and Interests] Sometimes news and interests can be displayed as offline, even if the user is online.
- Messages and interests] Users cannot navigate messages and interests with the keyboard.
- In some scenarios, the news and interests may seem devoid of content.
- Sometimes news and interests cannot be ignored with a simple touch and a compliment.
- Messages and interests] Messages and interests take up more space than expected in the taskbar on the left.
The Device Channel, formerly known as the Fast Ring, reflects recent changes in the Windows code base. Therefore, any changes you see in the development channel versions may not appear in the next update. So we can expect that some features that will never appear in stable versions of Windows 10 will appear on the desktop.
It is also possible that Microsoft brings some Windows 10X functions to the desktop in Windows 10. Microsoft is going to add a number of features to Windows 10X to get the most out of both branches of Windows. The company can also replace certain updates for desktop functions with Windows 10X versions.
If you have configured your device to receive updates via the device channel/shortcut key, open Settings > Update and Restore, and tap Check for updates on the right. Allows you to install the latest available version of Windows 10 Insider Preview.
Vinero is counting a lot on your support. You can help the site to keep providing you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options: