This issue is complex, so we also have another guide on how to fix the Xbox One controller if it is not recognized in Windows 10.
Speaking of Xbox controllers: If you are using an Xbox 360 controller and cannot get it to work, we also have a specific troubleshooting guide for this problem. Follow the instructions in the relevant article to get the steering back in order.
What can I do if my Xbox One controller does not work on my PC?
1. Make sure you have configured your Xbox Onecontroller correctly.
For Windows users, the Xbox One Controller is usually connected to a computer via a micro USB cable. Windows 10 automatically loads the drivers for the controller.
You also don’t have to worry about installing the driver, as it is supported by Windows. However, if Windows does not install the drivers automatically, you will need to update them manually. The following solution shows you how to update drivers for Xbox One controllers.
2. Driver update for Xbox One Controller
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard at the same time and type devmgmt.msc.
- This should open the device driver, which looks like the image below.
- Find the section titled Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
- Expand the partition and then right click on a subsection with the same name.
- If you right-click, a list appears. Click on Update driver.
- Select an option that automatically updates the driver software.
Excess drivers are probably the most common cause of this problem. Fortunately, updating your drivers is quite easy with the steps above.
You can certainly find drivers on your computer if you know what you are doing. This option ensures that you have the correct update. However, automatic updates usually work without any problems.
3. Replacement of a defective unit
This may seem obvious, but it is surprising how many users forget that their hardware can cause connectivity problems. If you are not sure if your cable or controller is working, you can take it to a computer shop to have it checked.
Also try unplugging and reconnecting the power plug. You’d be surprised how often it works.
When using wireless controllers, check whether the batteries need to be replaced or recharged. Try using another Xbox One controller if possible. This will help you determine whether or not the problem is related to the controller.
4. Using the debugging function
- Enter a debug in the search box and click on the Debug options option in the results.
- Find the Hardware and Devices section.
- Click the Troubleshooting button in this section. Windows then automatically checks your hardware for possible defects and errors. Data
5. Reinstallation if antivirus software is disabled
- Disable the Windows firewall and any antivirus software.
- Remove your drivers.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall the drivers.
- Turn on your antivirus software.
When users install the drivers of the Xbox One controller on their PC, the PC’s firewall and antivirus may sometimes prevent the drivers from being installed correctly.
xbox sync button not working,how to fix xbox one controller joystick,sync button on xbox one,how to update xbox one controller,xbox controller keeps disconnecting,xbox one controller won't connect with usb pc,xbox one button won't work,xbox one sync button missing,how to connect xbox controller via usb,why won't my xbox controller connect to my pc,xbox one controller blinking pc,xbox 1 controller joystick,why is my xbox 360 controller not working,xbox controller connected but not working pc,why won't my xbox 360 controller connect,how to set up xbox remote,my xbox controller keeps disconnecting,how to connect two controllers to xbox one s,how to pair xbox one controller,xbox 360 controller blinking,xbox one controller not connecting to pc,xbox one controller turns off when syncing,xbox 360 wired controller not connecting,xbox one controller has no range,xbox 360 controller won't sync to console,xbox one sync button replacement,xbox one sync button not working,sync button on xbox one broken reddit,xbox one controller sync button stuck,how to sync xbox one s controller,xbox one controller connected but not working,xbox one controller not working,xbox one controller won't connect with usb,xbox one controller not turning on,xbox one wired controller not working,why is my xbox one controller flashing and not connecting,xbox one controller lights up then turns off