RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Skype is a popular communication tool that allows you to call and video chat between computers, tablets, smartphones and even gaming devices. This software is currently owned by Microsoft and comes with every Windows 10 installation. While this is a robust application, there may be issues in some cases, which we will explore today. In this final part of our troubleshooting series, we solve the problem with Skype can’t download folder results.
Restart the computer before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting actions below. This action will update the operating system and remove any temporary corrupted data that may be causing the problem.
There are several factors that can cause this particular problem in Skype, from connection issues to corrupted applications. Below are the steps you can take to resolve this issue.
Allow access to the firewall
Windows Firewall can sometimes prevent certain features of an application from communicating with the server, causing problems with the application. We currently provide access to applications in the firewall.
January 2021 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from having problems:
- Step 1 : Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
- Click on the Start menu and open the Preferences icon.
- Select the Update and Security option.
- In the left pane, select Windows Security.
- Under Windows Security, select the Firewall and Network Security option.
- Now click on Allow application through firewall.
- Click the Change Settings button to assign administrator privileges.
- Scroll down and check that Skype is allowed on private and public networks.
- Click OK, launch the application and check if the error persists.
Delete the share.xml folder
If the shared.xml folder is corrupt, the problem can be fixed. We can remove it to fix the problem. Don’t worry, the file will be recreated.
- Press Win + R to open the start window. Also enter origin% appdata% skype.
- Press the Enter key to open the folder containing the information about the Skype application.
- Find the shared.xml file in this folder. The file can also just be stored in a shared folder.
- Reboot the system.
Temporarily disable Windows Defender Firewall
The Windows Defender Firewall may interfere with the legitimate functions of Skype and other Windows applications. We can temporarily disable the Windows Defender firewall to isolate the problem.
Delete the Skype cache folder
- A corrupted cache folder may prevent your Skype folder from loading. So we can clean it up:
- Press Win + R to open the Run window and enter the command % appdata%. Press the Enter key to open the AppData mobile folder.
- Reset and delete the Skype folder.
- Reboot the system and see if this solves the problem.
Reinstall the Skypeapplication
In some cases, your Skype files may be missing or corrupted. In that case, you may want to reinstall the Skype application.
- Press the Start button and then the gear icon to open the Settings window.
- Go to Applications > Applications and Permissions.
- Find the Skype application. Right click and select Delete.
- Restart the system after uninstalling the application.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
frequently asked questions
How do I fix Skype in Windows 10?
Open the Start menu, go to Settings > Applications and look for the Skype application. Right click on the application and select Uninstall. Reinstall Skype for Windows 10 now by going to the Microsoft Store, searching for it and downloading it again. Then restart your computer and restart Skype for Windows 10.
Why doesn’t Skype work on Windows 10?
Make sure your device has a working internet connection with the required bandwidth. Make sure you have the latest version of Skype. Check your security software or firewall settings to make sure they are not blocking Skype.
Why can’t I send files using Skype?
If you’re having trouble sending or receiving a file that was sent to you, it’s probably a problem related to a slow connection or bandwidth. You can also check Skype’s status page to see if you’ve reported any issues.
skype won’t open on mac,startup load error skype mac,skype quit unexpectedly mac,skype mac no window,skype spinning wheel mac,skype for business won t open mac,Feedback,skype can’t download files,skype can’t download files android,skype unable to save video,skype file transfer is turned off,skype we hit a snag android,skype for business call transfer failed,skype not working on windows 10,skype issues today,skype chat window not displaying,why does my skype screen go black,skype for mac not working 2020,skype not connecting calls,Privacy settings,How Search works,skype startup load error,skype startup load error mac,skype can t connect windows 7,skype unable to sign in,why won t skype load,skype not working on windows 7,skype can t connect mac,skype download