Some of the most common errors that occur in the new Windows 10 are flickering computer screens and closing files, programs and even games that we run at the same time. That’s why we wrote an article today about how resolves file explorer errors in Windows 10.
In other cases, it even prevents you from using the Windows 10 taskbar or the Start menu. This kind of problems is mainly caused by a crash or an error in the Windows file explorer or something similar due to the failure of the Explorer.exe process.
Take a look at this: How to add Bluetooth to your computer [Easy and convenient way].
This problem is very easy to solve a priori, but in many other cases this error or problem remains, and then we have to use other, more advanced methods.
In this tutorial, we want to show you a list of processes that help to troubleshoot problems with Explorer.exe (Windows file browser) in Windows 10.
Correcting file explorer errors in Windows 10
Restart the Explorer.exe process in Task Manager.
In some cases the Windows File Explorer fails. In this case, we have to restart it, which we have to do through the task manager.
To open the Task Manager, use the key combination Ctrl + Alt + Del / Delete. If a blue window appears, select the Task Manager option.
- To do this, right-click on an empty space on the taskbar.
- When the context menu appears, select the Task Manager option.
- This will open the Task Manager window, where you need to switch to the Process tab. A list of all current processes is displayed here.
- In this list you have to search for the name of the Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe).
- Right-click to display a context menu in which to select Reload.
Reboot Windows Explorer to troubleshoot problems with Windows 10.
This will make your computer screen flicker a little.
- After the restart, you can use the Start menu, taskbar, programs and folders without closing them, and so on.
- Check for errors in Windows 10 and correct them on the PDC.
Windows 10 contains a tool in the system icons that allows you to check your computer for errors in our Windows 10 operating system files.
- To use it, the first thing you need to do is open the CMD as administrator. If you don’t know how to do this, this link will help you: Run the commands as administrator in Windows 10.
- enter the following command and execute it:
- After pressing the Enter key to start the process, all files in the Windows 10 operating system are scanned and if a problem is detected, it is resolved immediately. Don’t worry if the process takes as long as normal.
- Analyze and repair explorer.exe to troubleshoot problems in Windows 10
Once the process is complete, it’s time to check, inspect and repair our hard drives. To do this, you must enter and execute the following command from the same command line as the administrator :
Čkdsk / e
- After pressing the Enter key, the troubleshooting and error correction process begins during operation. At the end of the process, all errors are corrected and rectified.
- After running these two processes with the above commands, this should solve all of the above problems on your Windows 10 computer that are related to Windows File Explorer.
Change the Windows registry. (delete the explorer.exe folder)
If none of the above methods solve your problem, we will have to use the Windows registry.
- Before continuing this procedure, we strongly recommend that you carry out a restore point so that, in the rare event that something goes wrong, you can always return to the previous settings.
- The next step is to open the register, which you can do with a hotkey: Windows + R-key.
- This tells the execution tool where to type the command: Regidith. Click on Enter and the Register Editor will open automatically.
Until then, you must use the folder structure on the left side of this window:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Execution.options
- Expand this folder in the tree structure on the left side of the registry editor and you will see a list of folders to search in this folder: Explorer.exe.
- This folder must be deleted. To do this, you need to right click to get a context menu in which you need to select the desired option: Brace yourself.
After uninstalling, close Windows 10 Registry Editor and restart your computer. As soon as Windows 10 is restarted, the problems described above should disappear.
Restore default explorer to correct the wrong explorer
- When performing a search, open the Explorer Preferences button and click Enter during the search.
- Click on the General tab.
- Select Restore default settings.
- This may be a problem with your computer’s screen driver.
To remedy this, the following steps should be taken
- Press the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
- Then select the device manager.
- Then select Display Adapter. Then right-click on the display adapter in use.
- Uninstall it now. Then select Exit in Device Manager.
- You can now restart the computer.
If none of the above methods solve your problem, the last remaining option is to restart your Windows 10 computer. This way, you can get your Windows 10 computer back up and running without losing any files.
Here is the full path on how to fix the crash of the file explorer in window 10 so you can open it on your Windows 10 computer. If you successfully use any of the above methods and have any questions, please send them to the comments field of this message.
The message How to troubleshoot problems with the file browser on Windows 10 first appeared in .
view all problem reports control panel,windows 10 explorer crashing 2019,windows 10 explorer crash loop,file explorer event viewer,windows 10 explorer restart,file explorer crashing when right clicking,windows 10 desktop keeps crashing,file manager keeps crashing android,bagmru windows 10,windows explorer keeps freezing windows 10,file explorer closes automatically windows 7,file explorer crashes randomly windows 10,file explorer windows 10 not responding,windows explorer keeps freezing,downloads folder crashes windows explorer,clear windows explorer history,windows explorer keeps not responding,explorer.exe automatically closes windows 7,explorer keeps closing,explorer automatically closes windows 7,file explorer closes after opening,how do i fix file explorer problems in windows 10,file explorer keeps closing automatically windows 10,windows 10 file explorer keeps crashing,windows 10 freezes while copying files,file explorer not responding windows 10,windows 10 explorer keeps crashing 2020,windows 10 file explorer crashes when resizing,file explorer keeps crashing windows 10 reddit