Read the following instructions.
Table of contents :
- Using third-party tools
- Installing SNMP with PowerShell
- Adding SNMP via parameters
- Enabling SNMP on Windows 10 1803
How can I restore a missing SNMP in Windows 10?
One of the easiest ways to fix the lack of SNMP on your Windows 10 computer is to use specialized tools like the PRTG Network Monitor. The software works as a network monitor and can keep an eye on all the devices on your network.
With this software, you can easily monitor both bandwidth and databases. Monitoring of clouds, servers, LANs and SNMP is also available.
PRTG Network Monitor is a powerful network monitoring software. If you are a network administrator or just want to troubleshoot SNMP, you should try it.
Other interesting features:
- SNMP monitoring
- Sniffing a bag
- Bandwidth control
- Cloud monitoring
- Monitoring of local networks
PRTG Network monitoring
PRTG Network Monitor is a powerful network monitoring software that can help you detect and resolve SNMP issues.
- Users have confirmed that they have restored SNMP in Windows 10 1809 by installing it via PowerShell. To do this, open Cortana by clicking the Tap Here button to browse the taskbar.
- Type PowerShell as a keyword in the search box.
- Right-click Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator.
- First, type Get-WindowsCapability -Online -Name SNMP* in PowerShell as shown in the screenshot below and click Return.
- Type Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name SNMP.Client~~~~ 0.0.1.0 and press Enter.
- Then in PowerShell, type Get-WindowsCapability -Online -Name SNMP* and press Return.
- Then press the Windows key + the R key combination.
- Type services.msc into Run and click OK.
- The user can then check that the SNMP service is enabled in the Services window. If this is the case, the above solution helped.
- Double-click on SNMP Service to open the window below.
- Next, verify that the service start type is set to automatic.
- Click Start if the service is currently stopped.
- Select the options Apply and OK.
- Additionally, users can enable SNMP on Windows 10 1903 through the Settings application. First click the Start button and then click Settings.
- Select Apps to open the options shown below.
- Then click on Manage Tools to open the settings page (see screenshot below).
- Click the Add Functions button.
- Then select Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and click Set Up.
- Users who need to enable the missing SNMP in Windows 10 1803 or earlier can do so through Windows features. To do this, open the commissioning accessories.
- Open programs and features by typing appwiz.cpl in Run and pressing OK.
- Click on Enable or Disable Windows Features to open a window on the screen directly below it.
- Then activate the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) option and click OK.
This way, users can restore the missing SNMP service in Windows 10 1903 and earlier. Users can then use SNMP on Windows 10.
Editor’s note: This article was originally published in May 2019 and revised and updated in February 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
frequently asked questions
How do I enable SNMP on Windows 10?
How to enable SNMP on your operating system – Paessler Blog
Is a reboot required when installing SNMP?
Go to Windows Services and configure the SNMP service. Click on the Security tab. If the tab is not available, a restart is required. Add a community line with READ ONLY access.
Does Windows 10 support SNMP v3?
NuDesign’s SNMPv3 Agent Service works on IPv6 and IPv4 networks and provides secure monitoring of Windows servers and workstations. The NuDesign Secure SNMPv3 Agent Service runs on 32- or 64-bit versions of the following Windows products: … Jobs: XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.
install snmp windows 10 1909, windows 10 1909 snmp missing, snmp security tab missing windows 10, install snmp windows 10 powershell offline, windows 10 snmp offline install, windows 10 snmp deprecated, no snmp option in windows 10, feature name snmp is unknown windows 10