Moreover, if you have lost your license key for any application, it is also an ideal tool to recover it.
It works seamlessly on your device, just download and install the software on your PC and let it perform the recovery steps.
2. Antivirus Removal
If you can’t log in with your Microsoft account, users say that your antivirus may be the problem. An antivirus can disrupt the operating system and prevent you from logging into your Microsoft account.
To solve this problem, it is advisable to uninstall your antivirus program and see if it solves the problem.
Many users reported that Avast was the cause of this problem, but after it was resolved, the problem was solved. In addition to Avast, other antivirus programs can also cause this problem, so be sure to remove them.
To ensure that your antivirus is completely uninstalled, it may be necessary to use a special uninstaller. Almost all antivirus vendors offer these tools for their products, so make sure you download one for your antivirus.
As soon as you uninstall your antivirus program, the problem should be resolved. Since Avast is usually the main cause of this problem, we strongly recommend switching to a different antivirus program.
The best antivirus program on the market right now is Bitdefender, so you can try some of these programs.
3. GroupChange policy parameters
If you know your details, but still can’t login to your Microsoft account, there are some difficult solutions to try to solve this problem. The first solution is to change the parameters of the group policy.
- Go to Search, type Group Policy and open Group Policy.
- Take the next road:
- Computer ConfigurationWindows SettingsSecurity SettingsLocal PoliciesSecurity OptionsAccount : Lock Microsoft accounts
- Find the bills: Block Microsoft accounts, right-click on them and go to properties.
- Select the option This policy is disabled from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
Run a scan of the PC with the Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and delays. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files will be replaced with new Windows files and components.
Disclaimer : You’ll have to switch to a paid plan to help.
This solution applies if your Microsoft account is somehow blocked by the group policy. In this case, your Microsoft account will be unlocked and you can simply log in.
4. Editing register
If your Microsoft account is not locked by the group policy, the previous solution will not help you, so let’s try another solution. This time we will try to solve the problem with a single registry solution.
- Go to Search, type regedit and open the registry editor.
- Take the next road: HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTSoftwareMicrosoftIdentityCRLStoredIdentities
- There you will find your account, right click on it and select Delete from the menu.
- Now close the registry editor, go to settings and select Accounts.
- Try adding your account again.
Make your life easier with the handy registry editor in this list!
5. Check if your account is compromised
You probably think it could happen to you, but it is possible that your Microsoft account has been compromised, especially given the number of security threats on the Internet.
To check if your account has been hacked and what to do if that is the case, follow this link.
6. Install the latest updates
If you are experiencing this problem, you may be able to solve it by simply installing the latest updates. By default, Windows 10 installs updates automatically, but sometimes you miss an important update.
However, you can still manually check for updates by doing the following
- Press the Windows + I button to open the setting application.
- When opening the setup application, go to Updates and Security.
- Now click on the Check for Updates button.
Windows will now check for updates. If updates are available, Windows downloads them in the background and installs them after restarting your computer.
After installing the latest updates, the problem should be completely solved.
We have often written about problems with Windows updates. Bookmark this page in case you need it later.
7. Delete reference directory
If you are unable to sign in with your Microsoft account, the problem may be related to corrupted data. To solve this problem, you need to find and delete the login folder. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box. Now type %localappdata% and press Enter or OK.
- Go to the Microsoft directory and delete the Credentials folder.
Then all you have to do is restart your PC and you can log in with your Microsoft account without any problems.
8. Creating a new user account
If you cannot login with your Microsoft account, you may be able to solve the problem by simply creating a new user account. It’s relatively simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings application and go to Accounts.
- Select Family and others in the menu on the left. Click on Add another person to this PC.
- Click now, I don’t have that person’s credentials.
- You will be asked to enter your Microsoft data. Select Add users without Microsoft accounts.
- Now enter the desired username and click Next.
Then switch to the new account. If the new account works, you can convert it to a Microsoft account and see if that solves the problem.
Several users have reported that creating a new account has fixed their old account, so you might want to give it a try.
9. Change in value of EnableLUA in registry
Sometimes some values in your registry can be changed, causing this problem. To solve this problem, you must manually change your registry by doing the following
- Start the register editor.
- When the registry editor opens, navigate to
ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem in the left pane.
The key. Double-click on EnableLUA DWORD in the right window.
- If the data value is set to 0, change it to 1 and press OK to save the changes.
- Not necessarily: If EnableLUA is already set to 1, you may need to recreate this WORD. To do this, right-click on the right word EnableLUA and select Delete from the menu.
Now right-click on an empty box in the right pane and select New > DWORD value (32-bit).
Enter EnableLUA as the name of the new WORD and make sure the Data Value is set to 1.
Once you have made these registry changes, restart your computer and see if the problem reoccurs.
You don’t have access to the registry editor? It’s not as scary as it sounds. Read this guide and solve the problem quickly.
10. Remove damaged profile from register
If you cannot log in to your Microsoft account, the problem may be caused by deleting a specific profile folder. However, you can recreate the profile folder by simply deleting the problematic profile from the registry.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the registry editor and navigate to ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionProfileList in the left pane
- Enable the ProfileList button. All these keys represent a single user profile on your computer.
- You need to examine all the keys and find the one that belongs to the damaged profile.
- The easiest way to identify a corrupt profile is to check the value of ProfileImagePath.
- Once you have found the problematic profile, you must remove the key from the registry.
- Right-click on the appropriate button and select Delete from the menu.
- Click Yes to confirm.
All you have to do is restart the computer and try to log in to the problem account. The profile then needs to be recreated and you should be able to access it without any problems.
Life isn’t about working on a Windows technique. Get the tool to repair damaged files!
We hope this article has helped you get your Microsoft account back. If you have any comments or questions, you can place them in the comments below.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in December 2015 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
windows 10 can't login with password,i can't log into my computer windows 7,windows sign in white screen,microsoft accounts troubleshooter,windows 10 1903 can t log in,you can't sign into your device right now,onedrive cannot sign in windows 10,can't sign into microsoft store,outlook we couldn t sign you in,can't sign into microsoft account on xbox,can t sign into microsoft account 0x800704ec,forgot microsoft account password,can't recover hotmail account,i cannot access my email account,how to find your xbox password,find hotmail password without resetting,accountlive.com to fix the problem,microsoft store sign in error,can't sign into microsoft excel,ease of access windows 10 not working,i reset my computer and now i can t log in,windows 10 your phone something went wrong,run pc in safe mode,windows 10 login screen stuck,can't login to windows 10 forgot password,ms office account error,we can t sign in because of regional policies,windows 10 temporary profile after update,windows 10 login stuck on welcome,windows 10 no login box,can't login after windows 10 upgrade,we can t not sign into your account,server 2016 we can t sign in to your account,this user can t sign in because this account,microsoft edge we can't sign you in right now,windows 10 can't sign in with microsoft account something went wrong,can't sign in with microsoft account windows 10,i can't sign into my microsoft account on minecraft,unable to add microsoft account in windows 10,microsoft login,windows 10 error message: "we can't sign in to your account"