Microsoft has released a supporting version of PowerToys. Version 0.29 contains some new features, but all major changes planned for the software are postponed until the next version, which will be released after the holidays.
What’s new in PowerToys for Windows 0.29
- Error reporting tool and improved logging.
- Various improvements to the location.
- CodeQL added. Activated twice a day by the crown bell.
- To use the documents, it has been moved to https://docs.microsoft.com/windows/powertoys/.
- This enables the community to do direct public relations on these documents.
- ARM64 Progress : The update of the .NET kernel for the PowerToys team codebases is ready. We still have two external dependencies, namely the .NET framework, that need to be updated.
- Color picker :
- General bug fixes
- Added the possibility to set the color name according to Office and WinUI Color Picker.
- FancyZones :
- Allows you to use Windows Snap on non-Snap computers and for applications on the exclusion list.
- Let the toys work:
- Performance improvement
- PT Run now supports accented characters.
- Ability to extract MSIs from .exe for business scenarios and more options for unmanaged installations.
- Remote toast messages during installation.
You can download PoweToys on GitHub.
Windows 10 PowerToys currently contains the following applications.
- Screen Recoder is a new tool that allows the user to record the application part of the screen and save the recording in a . It will be possible to create a GIF animation of what the user has captured. Other functions include the ability to crop the recording and adjust the video/GIF quality.
- Videoconferencing Mute is an experimental tool that allows you to mute audio and video on your computer with a single keystroke or mouse click.
- ColorPicker is a quick and easy color selection system that allows you to call up a color value anywhere on the screen.
- PowerRename is a tool for renaming a large number of files using different naming conditions, such as. B. Search and replace part of a filename, define regular expressions, change case, and more. PowerRename is implemented as a shell extension for the file explorer (playback plugin). A dialog box opens with a number of options.
- FancyZones – FancyZones is a window manager that allows you to easily organize and incorporate windows into efficient layouts for your workflow and restore these layouts quickly. FancyZones allows the user to define a range of window locations on the desktop, which serve as drag and drop targets for windows. When the user drags a window into an area, the size of the window is resized and the window is repositioned to fill that area.
- Windows Shortcuts List – Windows Shortcuts List is a full-screen overlay utility that provides a dynamic set of Windows shortcuts that apply to a specific desktop and a currently active window. When you hold down a Windows key for one second (you can adjust the duration of this action in the Preferences), a window appears on your desktop with all available Windows shortcuts and the action these keys perform, based on the current status of your desktop and the active window. If you hold down the Windows key after pressing it, the overlay remains in place and the new status of the active window is displayed.
- Image Editor, a Windows shell extension that allows you to quickly resize images.
- File Explorer is a set of add-ons for File Explorer. Currently it contains two additions to the preview window to display the contents of *.MD and *.SVG files. File explorer options
- Window Walker is an application that allows you to search and switch between open windows from the comfort of your keyboard.
- PowerToys Run, offers a new run command with additional options such as. B. Quick search for applications, files and documents. It supports extensions for functions such as calculators, dictionaries and online search engines.
- The Keyboard Manager is a tool that allows you to redirect any key to another function. It can be configured in the main PowerToys dialog box. Allows you to restore a single key or a series of keys (shortcut).
Vinero is counting a lot on your support. You can help the site to keep providing you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
Sergey Tkachenko 30. December 2020, last updated on 30. December 2020 in software.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
power toys release,microsoft powertoys 0.14 1,microsoft powertoys windows 10 64-bit,powertoys msi,powertoyssetup 0.17 0 x64 msi,powertoys 18,powertoys windows 7,powertoys fancyzones,powertoys run not working,microsoft powertoys windows 7 64-bit