The DNS flush is essentially a purge of the connection data in the system’s cache.
As mentioned earlier, the accumulation of data in the cache can confuse systems and cause connectivity problems.
It stands to reason, then, that deleting this outdated stack of information could be the cause of your Surfshark not working with Netflix.
Here’s how to remove DNS on a Windows 10 computer:
- Run a high PDC instance (with administrator rights).
- Type the following commands and press the Enter key after each command:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /Records
- ipconfigure / Activate
- ipconfig / update
- Resetting the winsock grid
- Restart your computer
Once your PC has completed the download sequence, you should connect to Surfshark and go to Netflix.
We propose to compare this method with the one described above.
If the data in the cache is indeed the cause of the Surfshark Netflix error, it will definitely be helpful to remove it completely from the system.
Finally, if you are using the Netflix Windows 10 application, you need to uninstall and reinstall it to clear the cache data.
- Disconnect the VPN from Surfshark.
- Go to the Smart DNS Surfshark page.
- Press the Start button
- Verify that Surfshark correctly detected the IP address of your device.
- Press the Enable Smart DNS button
- Copy the generated DNS addresses to a safe place.
- Configure your Smart TV or console to use Surfshark’s DNS addresses.
Smart DNS is an interesting feature of Surfshark that is used to share geo-referenced content on devices without built-in VPN support.
According to Surfshark, there is absolutely no need to activate Smart DNS on your PC or other devices equipped with a VPN.
If you still want to try, there’s no one to stop you.
- Open the Surfshark VPN client
- Disconnect the VPN server (if necessary)
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Changing the protocol to OpenVPN (UDP)
- Connect to the corresponding VPN server
- Check if Netflix is working
We will try to keep it simple and not overload you with technical information.
In a nutshell: OpenVPN uses TCP and UDP, and UDP is simply better for streaming video content.
If you are using TCP, there may be a bottleneck in your connection that is preventing Surfshark from working with Netflix, and you can easily fix that by switching to UDP.
- Buy a new VPN subscription plan (we recommend you buy private internet access).
- Download the installation program to your PC
- Installation of a new VPN client
- Starting the VPN
- Login to your account
- Connect to the server of your choice (remember, the US server for US Netflix).
Private Internet Access is an excellent VPN service that helps you unlock a wide range of geoblocked content.
It has an impressive network of over 22,000 high-speed servers that you can quickly switch to if you notice connectivity issues.
Revision of the basic characteristics of environmental impact assessment :
- More than 22.000 fast servers worldwide.
- Strict zero registration policy
- 256-bit military standard encryption
- Integrated VPN switch
- PIA MACE feature that blocks advertising and malware domains
- Private DNS on all servers
- Can access a variety of geographically limited content.
- Works perfectly with Netflix
Private Internet access
Looking for a VPN that works well with Netflix? Check the AIP.
- Reboot your PC, modem and/or router
- Reinstall Surfshark
- Use a public DNS (e.g. Google, Cloudflare).
- Install Surfshark on your router
If you find that Surfshark no longer works with Netflix, this is usually not a problem.
Simply changing the server you connect to should be enough to solve the problem immediately.
However, if this does not work, we encourage you to try all of our suggestions.
We are confident that you will find someone who can get the job done in no time.
surfshark netflix not working, surfshark netflix review, surfshark smart dns netflix, surfshark not working on firestick, does netflix work in japan, surfshark prime video, surfshark not connecting on firestick, surfshark not connecting mac, surfshark website down, surfshark not working on iphone, surfshark not connecting windows, surfshark firestick netflix not working, surfshark review reddit, how to use surfshark vpn, surfshark vpn login, surfshark vs nordvpn, is surfshark safe, surfshark vs expressvpn, netflix vpn ban, netflix vpn reddit, free vpn for netflix, norton vpn netflix, protonvpn netflix, netflix vpn australia, surfshark circle meaning, surfshark cost uk, surfshark review uk, does surfshark work with amazon prime, nordvpn review netflix, expressvpn ps4 review, nordvpn security review, how secure is expressvpn, free vpns for netflix, security baron best vpn, best vpn for security and privacy, is surfshark free, surfshark login, surfshark netflix, surfshark smart dns not working, surfshark not working on firestick netflix, surfshark netflix not changing, surfshark netflix reddit, surfshark review, tvq-pm-102 surfshark, does surfshark work on netflix